Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
It looks like CDT is having a sale on their website

For a 3 way setup how are they

What model would you go with
I do not even need a comp set but this sale is hard to resist !

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
Cdt makes good gear I'm really tempted to pick up a set of the 2inch widebands in the factory pods. If it wouldn't be the worst time of the year work wise I would likely pick up a set

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Cdt makes good gear I'm really tempted to pick up a set of the 2inch widebands in the factory pods. If it wouldn't be the worst time of the year work wise I would likely pick up a set
I have watched those wideband speakers, I suspect it is just a euphemism for pro audio. I do not think they would have ringy tone like the 6.5 or 8 inch pro audio speakers, being that they are small.

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
I have watched those wideband speakers, I suspect it is just a euphemism for pro audio. I do not think they would have ringy tone like the 6.5 or 8 inch pro audio speakers, being that they are small.
The unity 8s? They don't appear to be anything close the pro audio right off and cdt is known for decent gear. Plus they are recommending a 250hz hpf for a 2inch mid I would think that to be quite low for anything pro audio style.

I'm considering a 3inch mid on my dash so a 2inch might work as well. Already have a 1inch stereo integrity m25 tweeter set on my sails. And they sound great. But in the sails they are mounted just a touch too low. A pod on the dash/apillar can be aimed to pull the imaging up slightly more

Reactions: Jimi77

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
NO! I spent enough this Black Friday. :poop:

Jimi77

CarAudio.com VIP
Sep 17, 2017
CDT has always used hifi drivers. They look alot like the Peerless 2" midrange/bass drivers, which makes sense since CDT and vifa/peerless/tymphany have a long history together. Maybe Tang Band....

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
Get anything good? I did the opposite this year. Didn’t really need anything other than a gun safe I may get from harbor freight.
Just headlight parts to projector retrofit my TC and some Airpod pro 2s.

If you want a 25% off coupon no exclusions for HF pm me. Good from Dec 5th-18th.

Reactions: Ridinhi

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Ill need take a look at the site to see if there are any goodies!!! :oops:

AnthonyO

Budget Banger Connoisseur
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
Damn it. Only subwoofers they have are the 8’s. I was looking for a ten.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Damn it. Only subwoofers they have are the 8’s. I was looking for a ten.
Check out CT Sounds.They have a nice sale going on as well man

Reactions: SlugButter

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
Check out CT Sounds.They have a nice sale going on as well man
CT makes some decent stuff. I don’t know what has been going on with 8s, but the last 3 builds I’ve done were all 8s. CT sounds, Audiopipe and Skar 8s so far this month. 1 10 inch sundown and 1 12 inch sundown were the only other 2 so far. The CT sounds 8 isn’t too bad. Neither is the audiopipe Quad stack 8. Skar was okay but needed 1.25 cubes. May as well go with a 10 at that point.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.