Car speakers upgrade - sound level VERY low

Participant count
  • Participants list

championcv

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all

Last year, I bought a new Kia e-Niro and as with may cars, had stock cheapass 4ohm 40watt speakers. I decided to upgrade them and bought 4 x JBL Stage600CE's which are spec's as 4ohm 50w speakers.

There are tiny tweeters in the front corners of the windscreen which I haven't managed to replace yet, but all sound now seems to be coming from them and very little from the new speakers.

If I change the audio settings to balance towards the rear speakers, it absolutely confirms that there is feck all sound from the new speakers.

I wired the old wiring into the crossovers and wired the speaker and tweeter into the crossovers.

Have I done something wrong ? Is there anything I can do to get the volume I expected ?

Link - https://www.crutchfield.com/S-uYncsHalYhH/p_109STAGE6C/JBL-Stage-600C.html

Thanks in advance
Edit

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Should each speaker work independently from the point of view of can I just do one car door, or will I need to do all 4 before I potentially hear a difference ?

Thanks for the replies. Should each speaker work independently from the point of view of can I just do one car door, or will I need to do all 4 before I potentially hear a difference ?
OEM speakers are typically of low wattage. What that translates to is that it takes little power to get them moving, hence them sounding louder than your new speakers. So changing them in sets will allow you to hear them at equal voume. Front to rear volume can be adjusted by using the fader, so no need to rush in changing out the rear speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.