Car audio horror stories

GTSQ

CarAudio.com Recruit
Idaho
Share your nightmare install/system stories?

I had a neighbor that used cheap inadequate wiring on his install. I warned him about it especially because he was using a cap. So one day I come out of the house and see smoke coming out of his garage. Car burnt to the ground!
I was mad because I did a bunch of fiberglass work on it for free.
Then he buys a little Saturn. I helped him build a full trunk enclosure for a 15 vented through the rear dash. We get it finished and two days later the dipshit parks it on the street! Next morning he goes outside and it’s gone. My wife said that he was crying that morning.

I am going to leave this here. Don’t remember exactly who it belonged too. But the dude was proud of it.

Attachments

• 1B2AA4A2-8005-47E6-8FCA-BCF263295189.png
    1B2AA4A2-8005-47E6-8FCA-BCF263295189.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 299
I got my Dodge washed and detailed yesterday. On the way home I thought that I had blown all my mids and highs. Come to find out the guy vacuuming my truck out switched the crossover from high pass to low pass on the amp. Shitt happens!

I had an Alpine deck in a 79 Trans am back in the 90’s. I secured the back of the deck to the firewall with a cable. Some scumbag tried to steal it. When they could not get it out they stabbed the hell out of my one piece dash with a screwdriver. I never did that again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...