Car Audio Bargain amps any good?

I am waiting on Audio Apex to get back to me on some questions on the Cab-22 strapping. I bought the SIA earlier this year and I know it has a 2 year warranty on it as well. Looks like I bought it on May 18th of this year. I just started to use it so it has little use on it. Once I know what they say on the strapping and power at 1 ohm I will let you know. I have the Korean AL 2500 here so I can let the SIA go most likely.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one but the SIA has a 2 year warranty and the Cab doesn't. That is the main disadvantage of going with it.

I won a CAB22 this weekend in a raffle at a show. Going to put it in my F250 when and if I ever have some free time. I have reasonable expectations but it looks and feels solid anyway.

I love mine when I had it on the Audio Legion 10" Armada's. A decent bass knob as well. Tbh the quality is nice. They use the same build house as Sundown does but difference is it is a half-bridge design. Haven't seen a single bad review on them anywhere even on Facebook. Before the Cab-45 came out people were paying more for them used as they wanted them for builds when CAB didn't have any in stock and was waiting on the 2nd/3rd shipments to come in. Mine was part of the original order so I got something like the 72nd one of them or something. Very heavy to say the least.

Well the eBay seller just refunded my money and said they were out of stock. So I think I’m down to the SIA 3500 or the 45. I’ll be running either at 2 ohms. And I can’t remember, but do full bridge amps like low voltage preamp inputs? My Sony is 2 volts. If they were the same price I’d definitely go with the 45, but if I can save some dough and get a “just as good” amp then why not. If you wanna sell that SIA let me know.

I'm running 2 SIA3500's. One is powering 4 - 8's @ 1ohm (3,500 watts) and the other is powering 2 - 8's @ 2 ohms (3,000 watts). Both of my headunits are 4v. Both systems put up good numbers on those amps.

Well going with another Cab-22 is not gonna happen. I would rather not run them at 0.5ohm and burst a capacitor. That is just asking for trouble. Yeah people do it but not taking the risk. So looks like it will be a Cab-45 for me or maybe a DB Drive 5K from eBay seen one seller with them for 480 shipped iirc. I wish I would have jumped all over that $399 Cab-45 pre-order that was a killer price. So gotta take a look at what I have here for mono-block amplifiers this weekend and decide which one to sell.

Well going with another Cab-22 is not gonna happen. I would rather not run them at 0.5ohm and burst a capacitor. That is just asking for trouble. Yeah people do it but not taking the risk. So looks like it will be a Cab-45 for me or maybe a DB Drive 5K from eBay seen one seller with them for 480 shipped iirc. I wish I would have jumped all over that $399 Cab-45 pre-order that was a killer price. So gotta take a look at what I have here for mono-block amplifiers this weekend and decide which one to sell.
Im keeping an Eye out on the SALE man :whistle: :whistle:

Well Audio Legion with their AL5000.1 isn't going to happen even used someone wants over 600 for one. I like the SIA 3.5K for the most part. I just really regret not buying that Cab-45 instead with the extra 1000 watts it has for the extra what 20 bucks it would have cost me at the time. I bought the SIA because it was in stock and the Cab-45 wasn't going to be in for a few months it sounded like. Now they have them and got them early but are now what 539 dollars and that is without a warranty so you are looking at close to 600 with a warranty. The DB Drivef idk about. I have seen some a couple older dyno videos on them and the lower models like the 3K and what not don't put out what they claim.

Problem these days is we have a TON of 2k, 3K amplifiers in full bridge, D Class and half bridge but after that nothing until 6K or higher. And a 6K Sundown Salt is close to 1,800 dollars and yeah that isn't gonna happen at all! We need a decently priced 5K in that 400 dollar price range.

I do know that the Cab amplifiers are now expanded as well to 5 channel and a 4 channel. 250x4 rms at 4 ohms for 250, a 5 channel for 299 which is 100x4 at 4 ohms & 1000x1 at 1 ohm.

Cab-22 all day long for me. Isn't that particular model just typical cookie cutter chinese board from CT Sounds? Kinda reminds me of the skarbage 2000.1. Either way you have to buy a warranty. I just know from using the Cab-22 it is a very heavy amplifier with a ton of people running it with great results. Vs that CT which looks very small in pictures I have seen.

Cab-22 all day long for me. Isn't that particular model just typical cookie cutter chinese board from CT Sounds? Kinda reminds me of the skarbage 2000.1. Either way you have to buy a warranty. I just know from using the Cab-22 it is a very heavy amplifier with a ton of people running it with great results. Vs that CT which looks very small in pictures I have seen.
I will give the cab a go also

Got the WDX 5k in yesterday. Feels heavy and solid. Says it puts out 2500 @ 2 ohms. Couldn’t find any amp dyno vids on the wdx series, but hopefully it makes my Daytons come alive. My current JL 1500 has them sounding good, but they definitely want more power. I’ll let y’all know how it goes this weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...