Car Audio Bargain amps any good?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Well going with another Cab-22 is not gonna happen. I would rather not run them at 0.5ohm and burst a capacitor. That is just asking for trouble. Yeah people do it but not taking the risk. So looks like it will be a Cab-45 for me or maybe a DB Drive 5K from eBay seen one seller with them for 480 shipped iirc. I wish I would have jumped all over that $399 Cab-45 pre-order that was a killer price. So gotta take a look at what I have here for mono-block amplifiers this weekend and decide which one to sell.
Im keeping an Eye out on the SALE man :whistle: :whistle:

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
Well Audio Legion with their AL5000.1 isn't going to happen even used someone wants over 600 for one. I like the SIA 3.5K for the most part. I just really regret not buying that Cab-45 instead with the extra 1000 watts it has for the extra what 20 bucks it would have cost me at the time. I bought the SIA because it was in stock and the Cab-45 wasn't going to be in for a few months it sounded like. Now they have them and got them early but are now what 539 dollars and that is without a warranty so you are looking at close to 600 with a warranty. The DB Drivef idk about. I have seen some a couple older dyno videos on them and the lower models like the 3K and what not don't put out what they claim.

Problem these days is we have a TON of 2k, 3K amplifiers in full bridge, D Class and half bridge but after that nothing until 6K or higher. And a 6K Sundown Salt is close to 1,800 dollars and yeah that isn't gonna happen at all! We need a decently priced 5K in that 400 dollar price range.

I do know that the Cab amplifiers are now expanded as well to 5 channel and a 4 channel. 250x4 rms at 4 ohms for 250, a 5 channel for 299 which is 100x4 at 4 ohms & 1000x1 at 1 ohm.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
Cab-22 all day long for me. Isn't that particular model just typical cookie cutter chinese board from CT Sounds? Kinda reminds me of the skarbage 2000.1. Either way you have to buy a warranty. I just know from using the Cab-22 it is a very heavy amplifier with a ton of people running it with great results. Vs that CT which looks very small in pictures I have seen.

Reactions: Levelup1

Levelup1

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 1, 2021
North Carolina
Cab-22 all day long for me. Isn't that particular model just typical cookie cutter chinese board from CT Sounds? Kinda reminds me of the skarbage 2000.1. Either way you have to buy a warranty. I just know from using the Cab-22 it is a very heavy amplifier with a ton of people running it with great results. Vs that CT which looks very small in pictures I have seen.
I will give the cab a go also

Marve_Lous

That Guy
Aug 4, 2019
Houston, TX
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got the WDX 5k in yesterday. Feels heavy and solid. Says it puts out 2500 @ 2 ohms. Couldn’t find any amp dyno vids on the wdx series, but hopefully it makes my Daytons come alive. My current JL 1500 has them sounding good, but they definitely want more power. I’ll let y’all know how it goes this weekend.

Reactions: Ridinhi

adulbrich

Lock up your grandmothers!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
I have an Nvx 2 Channel that’s [email protected] and I really like it. Can’t find any info/reviews on the 2000 watt amp anywhere.
Yeah, I wasn't able to find much info either.

It is CEA compliant though, which means the ratings (probably) aren't too exaggerated.

It's weird that the URL and website title say 1,835 watts at 1 ohm, but the ratings say 2,000.

I'd say you could probably expect to get around 1.8k out of it.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
NVX is Sonicelectronix brand and they are usually pretty decent about ratings.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
Think I would still do the Cab-22 over it considering the dyno tests and feedback from a ton of people. The one downfall to the Cab is having to buy that extra warranty otherwise for the extra 20 bucks it does a little more rms wise then the NVX as well.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Think I would still do the Cab-22 over it considering the dyno tests and feedback from a ton of people. The one downfall to the Cab is having to buy that extra warranty otherwise for the extra 20 bucks it does a little more rms wise then the NVX as well.
Well, after looking at the Cab, I would have to agree. I’ve heard of them but never looked them up until now.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
I have one and it is one heavy amplifier for sure. Half-bridge but it does what they claim and then some. Can strap them for 4,400 watts at 2 ohms as well.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
My next purchase is a Cab-45. Going to sell the SIA possibly and for sure the AL 2500.1 this weekend. That will leave me with just the PPI 1000.1 & the Cab-22 for mono-block amplifiers if I sell the SIA 3.5K.

Cab-45 is 4,500 at 1 ohm rms and has seen well over 5K on the dyno videos and is also half-bridge. They also have a 5 channel now and 4 channel that is a 250x4. All of them look really good from the videos that Sundown has done on them since Cab/Apex is in the same building or right next door to Sundown since it was sold in Feb/March of 2020. Tbh their customer service is awesome as well, you email them even at night and you get a response usually within an hour or so. Plus they get Sundown stuff before anyone else does and they do refurbished Sundown subwoofers as well at a decent price including the ZV5's and ZV6's.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
You've been mighty quiet in then baseball thread warmfoot

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
I've been dealing with kidney stones. Not exactly accessing the internet all that much in the hospital. More concerned with dealing with pain then commenting on forums.

Reactions: Marve_Lous

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds