Capacitor and Hifonics brutus bx1205D

kyazh
10+ year member

So Cal
I have a hifonics brutus bx1205d with a 1 farad cap powering a 05 alpine type R wires at 2 ohms which according to hifonics is supposed to get 900watts RMS. Now my car runs on 12 volts, and the cap says its rated at 12 - 24 volts or something. Now does this mean that the amp is getting more power b/c of the cap. In other words, does the cap give a voltage boost or does it still run at ~12 volts? Secondly, Ive heard/read that hifonics overrates its amps, Does anyone know approximately how many watts im actually getting with this setup? Thanks for all the help!

Caps look nice;) . They are worthless, and yes their amps are overrated.
oh rlly... wtf is a cap for neway. Some douche told me it smoothes out the signal power, some other quack told me it stores energy and acts as a second battery. wtf!

unless you have a huge cap its a waste and even then the money is better spent else where. Its supposed to store energy and keep the amp from drawing huge amounts of power from the battery all of the sudden but truthfully it doesn't work so well in real world applications. better off buying another battery. I can't say anything though I put one in my girls car because I knew should would think it looks cool lol.

same here. i had a 2.5 farad cap and it ******. Didn't help with my dimming whatsoever. threw that **** back in the basement.

oh rlly... wtf is a cap for neway. Some douche told me it smoothes out the signal power, some other quack told me it stores energy and acts as a second battery. wtf!
u basically got pwnt by nOObs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.