Cant hear phone audio thru pioneer hu

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bromagna

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a pioneer 7200nex in my car and never used to have any issues but as of recently i noticed, after trying to make a phonecall over bluetooth for the first time in a while, i cannot hear any phone audio. When i dial a number from my phone, my music on my headunit goes off like its switched over to a phone call. I can see on my phone that it is dialing as the time counter keeps going up and if i switch my phone over to speak, i can now hear the phone call. Also if i go under the actual "mode" part of my head unit and switch from like my radio over to "bluetooth audio" it then works and i can hear the phone call. I never used to have to do that. If my bluetooth was connected to my phone and i was listening to the radio, and made a call or got a call my radio would switch automatically over to the phone and i could hear and talk just fine. Any ideas?

Couple things:

1. Is phones BT volume up?
2. Is head units BT volume up?
3. How is your head unit connected to the system? (RCA's/Front/Rear/Sub and so on)
4. Many head units only output BT Phone calls out of the front speakers.
5. Your head unit may have a setting to output phone call audio out of all speakers. Be aware this can cause subs to bump too hard.

Couple things:

1. Is phones BT volume up?
2. Is head units BT volume up?
3. How is your head unit connected to the system? (RCA's/Front/Rear/Sub and so on)
4. Many head units only output BT Phone calls out of the front speakers.
5. Your head unit may have a setting to output phone call audio out of all speakers. Be aware this can cause subs to bump too hard.

The bt volume is up on my phone, and my head unit volume is up too but the mute button next to it is on tho and i can't "unmute" it. Like i said i used to have no problems, it worked fine. I can hear when i switch to the bluetooth audio option specifically but i never had to before. Only to play music thru blue tooth. And i don't know how its hooked up. I do have just the general audio settings to all speakers. Even tried turning back ones off. Still no. There isnt that option under the bluetooth settings tho.

The bt volume is up on my phone, and my head unit volume is up too but the mute button next to it is on tho and i can't "unmute" it. Like i said i used to have no problems, it worked fine. I can hear when i switch to the bluetooth audio option specifically but i never had to before. Only to play music thru blue tooth. And i don't know how its hooked up. I do have just the general audio settings to all speakers. Even tried turning back ones off. Still no. There isnt that option under the bluetooth settings tho.
I am stumped then. The only thing I can think of is to Remove the radio from the available BT devices in the phone, forget it and do the same thing in the head unit if that is an option. This way you can start fresh and the two devices can "relearn" each other. Sometimes this fixes issues that can't normally be fixed or figured out.

Normally when i would get a call or Make one it would automatically switch to bluetooth audio automatically. Now if i want to hear the call i have to manually switch to bt audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...