Can this amp power a ported enclosure safely?

Thanks. can I get the longer answer as well? :D

It's ok if not. I just want to know the limitation and what to do/not do.
Subsonic just adds a layer or protection/relief in the really low frequency. It's a good way to prevent the sub from bottoming out.

Not necessarly a deal breaker like others have said. If your sub and box are designed for your specific application then you shouldn't have to worry about it (if your not planning on playing 20hz tones at full blast then a 32-34hz tuned ported box with a matching sub would be fine even without subsonic filter)

Subsonic just adds a layer or protection/relief in the really low frequency. It's a good way to prevent the sub from bottoming out.

Not necessarly a deal breaker like others have said. If your sub and box are designed for your specific application then you shouldn't have to worry about it (if your not planning on playing 20hz tones at full blast then a 32-34hz tuned ported box with a matching sub would be fine even without subsonic filter)
Thakns for the info.

Question on designing. When I look at the specs of the sub, it shows port diameter. BUt If I go with slot port, how would I figure that out?

Or if there's a better place to ask, let me know.
thank you.

Thakns for the info.

Question on designing. When I look at the specs of the sub, it shows port diameter. BUt If I go with slot port, how would I figure that out?

Or if there's a better place to ask, let me know.
thank you.
If you’re going to design and build your own box I would have @Buck design it. He can design specifically to your subwoofer and vehicle and he makes the building process really easy.

Long answer: The enclosure depends on the sub. Most subs have recommendations for sealed and ported enclosures. Sounds like your sub has a ported enclosure recommendation. This amp puts out 600 watts RMS at 2ohm. More than sufficient for a lot of subs on the market today. Its not gonna push a DD9500 but more than sufficient for a sub with a 600 watt rms rating.

Subsonic: Each octave up is twice as many Hz as the previous one, and dividing any frequency by 2 takes it one octave lower. Therefore, to get your subsonic filter setting, take your subwoofer's tuned frequency and multiply it by 0.75. So, if it's tuned to 40 Hz, set the filter knob to 30 Hz. For the mainstream listener, setting a subsonic filter around 35 Hz will allow them to hear all their music content, missing nothing on any performance, while protecting their system. Our next articles will also show ways to optimize amp power and cone excursion for the listeners bandwidth.
This is all from Google search of Subsonic Filter setting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.