can the bass boost act as a crude subsonic filter if the amp doesnt have one?

I just want to ensure my subs get clean power. plus my room has really bad cancellation below 40hz or room gain around like 50hz in my sitting position so i need alot of power to hit the lows like below 40hz

and i plan on upgrading to better subs eventually when I can too.

below 40hz the bass just sounds like "listening" volume even at max volume. i can have a conversation over the bass if its below 40hz

but around 45 to 50hz it sounds like i have my head inside the subwoofer port.

I feel like i get more low deep bass just sitting my subwoofer on the floor and making the floor vibrate because it removes the cancellation lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk.. I'd try positioning to get the lows to become more pronounced.

Maybe face the enclosure into a corner with 3-5" of clearance or something like that. 

Your mom has to be living the life with you tucked away trying to seismically dismantle the house.

17hz huh? 

Good luck man... learn to design and construct enclosures 

Best of luck... adding power ain't the solution 

I just want to ensure my subs get clean power. plus my room has really bad cancellation below 40hz or room gain around like 50hz in my sitting position so i need alot of power to hit the lows like below 40hz

and i plan on upgrading to better subs eventually when I can too.

below 40hz the bass just sounds like "listening" volume even at max volume. i can have a conversation over the bass if its below 40hz

but around 45 to 50hz it sounds like i have my head inside the subwoofer port.

I feel like i get more low deep bass just sitting my subwoofer on the floor and making the floor vibrate because it removes the cancellation lmao
My 75w Logitech 7.1 system gets loud and low and it only has a 5" sub in it. You can hear it outside, feel it throughout the house and can be too loud. How do you know what hertz is playing at the time? are you playing sine waves or have an RTA? Sounds like you are wasting too much time analyzing **** and not enough time enjoying the music. Assuming thats what youre listening to.

I cant move anything from where it is. landlord doesnt allow anything blocking easy access to the windows for "safety" reasons. so I cant move everything to where the bass hits the hardest because its right in front of the windows in the opposite corner of my room from where im sitting. my desk is really big. and moving just my subwoofers over there wont help anything because i'll still be in a null/cancellation spot so more power is my only option unless they change their rules about stuff being in front of the windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.