Can Tantrum 1200.1 Mono push 2 15" L7s?

DeA7hWiSh

Miami
I did a lil reading on this forum and ran into a few threads saying that the Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 (dont kno if its Mono or not) can push 1500 @ 4 ohm. Thats what some people were showing on their amps birthsheet.

I currently have a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 Mono amp connected to my 15" Solo Baric L7 Kicker running at 2 ohms and I was wondering if I could hook up another 15" L7 to the amp? Could it hold it? If it could would there be any risk I would be taking?

Thanx in advance =)

By any chance does anyone know if this amp can run stable at 1ohm?

If you can run it at 1 ohm you can run it at 4 ohms. So you can probably run both subs and get around 750 per sub(the rms of L7's).By the way its mono amp.
If i can run it at 1 ohm I can run it at 4 ohm?? I didnt understand that? Do you mean the other way around; If you can run it at 4 ohm you can run it at 1 ohm??? yea I would be powering each sub at 750ish but isnt that bad for the sub?? I was told under powering the sub could possibly blow it? Anyone think different?

do 1 tantrum per 15L7 if you really want to get the most out of your subs
Yea I wasprobably thinking of doing that but later down the road when i get some more money, but at this moment I was wondering power the two speakers with that 1 Tantrum... would it blow or screw up the speakers cuz im under powering them? I just dont want to go and break something that cost me an arm and a leg =/

Yea I wasprobably thinking of doing that but later down the road when i get some more money, but at this moment I was wondering power the two speakers with that 1 Tantrum... would it blow or screw up the speakers cuz im under powering them? I just dont want to go and break something that cost me an arm and a leg =/
umm well if u did that, you'll have to wire them so that the two present a 4ohm load.

you'll get about 1200-1400 watts for hte 2 subs which is about 600/750 watts per woofer. That is 400/350 watts under their rms so you are still underpowering them. I suggest you do a large ported box since you are underpowering them. They will still beat (vary hard)!

READ MY SIG AND CLICK THE LINK FOR HTE REVIEW ON THIS AMP

umm well if u did that, you'll have to wire them so that the two present a 4ohm load.
you'll get about 1200-1400 watts for hte 2 subs which is about 600/750 watts per woofer. That is 400/350 watts under their rms so you are still underpowering them. I suggest you do a large ported box since you are underpowering them. They will still beat (vary hard)!

READ MY SIG AND CLICK THE LINK FOR HTE REVIEW ON THIS AMP
Good review... but my question still hasnt been answered =P heehee... I was wondering if under powering them would blow my 15s?

Good review by the way, very informative and useful. Thnx

It' won't hurt them at all as long as you don't make the amp clip like hell. If you set it up properly then there will be 0 problems.

Just think, if underpowering your subs broke them, then you cannot ever turn them down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It' won't hurt them at all as long as you don't make the amp clip like hell. If you set it up properly then there will be 0 problems.
Just think, if underpowering your subs broke them, then you cannot ever turn them down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
My thought exactly... I am like... that cant be right, cuz the amp isnt always giving out 100% 1400 watts constantly... so how can you say underpowering it would cause it to get damaged... Thank you for the answer to my puzzle. Very appreciated. This is why i get second opinions, cuz some people just dont kno what they are talkin bout (in reference to my friend that told me i would blow my speaker by underpowering it)
Thnx everyone.

http://www.CustomTacos.com

No problem. Keep in mind that people do blow subs and it can be kind of related to underpowering.

If your amp isn't big enough, and you keep craking up the gain to get more out of the subs, you will cause clipping. Clipping will damage your speakers.

If you had a big enough amp, or a big enough brain you wouldn't come accross this problem.

Just be sure to set the gain on the amp properly and you won't have any issues.

Good Luck!!

with 2 l7'2 and that amp in a properly built ported box it should be quite loud where you wouldn't even have to turn the gains way up to get it loud. well at least it would be plenty loud for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.