Can someone model a pair of TC-1000 15's for me?

Participant count
  • Participants list
There's only so much power any woofer will take with that large of an airspace. You could make another wall behind the subs and cut that airspace down a bit and probably gain mechanical power handling, but you might lose that easy low end resonance. Those Fs of those subs is 15.6 hz or whatever, so the lower you play, the more they're gonna move, more than likely, generally speaking.

The whole idea of infinite baffle is low power, high efficiency, low extension, clean bass. This is now my 3rd "infinite baffle" setup, but my last woofers were JBL W15's and their coil design prevented them from being driven into mechanical failures.

These TC woofers sound amazing, I don't normally crank the volume and play Killshot. Hell, my sub level usually sits around -6, but I set my gains using a -3db tone at 0 sub level with the car on and at my max listening volume for my front stage. I just want to make sure that I set my gains at a safe mechanical point for when I want to play songs that are low and loud. I absolutely do not want to hurt these subs.

As far as power handling, I didn't pull my meter out to check what power they are getting on music yet, but the motors and cones are barely even warm to the touch even after a 30 minute drive to work in this central Florida heat. I have 3k on tap, so I'm definitely being careful.

Matt

The whole idea of infinite baffle is low power, high efficiency, low extension, clean bass. This is now my 3rd "infinite baffle" setup, but my last woofers were JBL W15's and their coil design prevented them from being driven into mechanical failures.

These TC woofers sound amazing, I don't normally crank the volume and play Killshot. Hell, my sub level usually sits around -6, but I set my gains using a -3db tone at 0 sub level with the car on and at my max listening volume for my front stage. I just want to make sure that I set my gains at a safe mechanical point for when I want to play songs that are low and loud. I absolutely do not want to hurt these subs.

As far as power handling, I didn't pull my meter out to check what power they are getting on music yet, but the motors and cones are barely even warm to the touch even after a 30 minute drive to work in this central Florida heat. I have 3k on tap, so I'm definitely being careful.

Matt

I'm in Fl too man. I know about the heat LOL. Oh man, do I know about the heat.

Woofers like Sundown's X and Z series would be really good here, with their like 50mm+ of xmech. Your volume (spl) in IB style setups is determined largely by Vd, where Vd = Sd * Xmax, since you aren't pressurizing a port, all the sound comes from the subs' movement.

I'm in Fl too man. I know about the heat LOL. Oh man, do I know about the heat.

Woofers like Sundown's X and Z series would be really good here, with their like 50mm+ of xmech. Your volume (spl) in IB style setups is determined largely by Vd, where Vd = Sd * Xmax, since you aren't pressurizing a port, all the sound comes from the subs' movement.

Beleive me, I have a neo Beehive motor sitting in my closet. If I could find a mate and a pair of matching coils for them I would build a pair of nasty 18s. I'm not really sure my car can handle that much pressure tho, and I like keeping my hearing mostly un-damaged. These 1ks sound awesome and that was my main goal, a substage that can get loud and low, but can also blend in and be super tight and accurate.

Beleive me, I have a neo Beehive motor sitting in my closet. If I could find a mate and a pair of matching coils for them I would build a pair of nasty 18s. I'm not really sure my car can handle that much pressure tho, and I like keeping my hearing mostly un-damaged. These 1ks sound awesome and that was my main goal, a substage that can get loud and low, but can also blend in and be super tight and accurate.

I'm not gonna lie, like I have 2007 4 door 328i and I've been thinking about the same type thing you have going on. I have a little 500 AI amp and I still have one of my eD 9.1's, and a 9.2x, which is a beast 2 channel. Ugh, once I start, the BMW will turn into an armored car. Idk if I can even fantasize about a system in that car lol. I may just use to test horns.....that'll be my excuse

I'm not gonna lie, like I have 2007 4 door 328i and I've been thinking about the same type thing you have going on. I have a little 500 AI amp and I still have one of my eD 9.1's, and a 9.2x, which is a beast 2 channel. Ugh, once I start, the BMW will turn into an armored car. Idk if I can even fantasize about a system in that car lol. I may just use to test horns.....that'll be my excuse

Mine looks like **** right now, but V2 will have all the trim and covers back in place and a nice cover for the subs. It's going to look stealthy. I'm going to shoot you a PM.

I have got to make my own horns. My box builder will be fairly local to me, I gotta test my horn theories so I can perfect them and offer them to others.
Horns are above my pay grade man. They sound amazing and tapped horns/T-lines are awesome for output, but I don't like math.

I just haven't had the ability to test my own horn theories. I develop my own methods to form enclosure designs, so I understand every step I take. Been studying horns and quarter wave theory in relationship to horns. I want to use horns for bass, for a certain affect, so I want to develop my own system around that need or want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...