Can someone model a pair of TC-1000 15's for me?

Participant count
  • Participants list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
My computer is at the repair depot getting a new screen at the moment and I need to figure out mechanical limits so I don't hurt anything.

Can anyone model a pair of these in 14 cubic feet and let me know at what point they hit mechanical limits and at what power level/frequency? I don't have a subsonic filter(taramps Smart 3) so I may get a DSP if I need to so I can keep them safe.

Here are the specs on the drivers:

Qts 0.346
Qes 0.381
Qms 3.82
Fs 15.6Hz
Res 3.66Ω
Ls 2.64mH
Lp 3.58mH
Rp 3.16Ω
Dia 320mm
Vas 393l
mms 238g
cms 433um/N
bl 15.0T*m
Spl 87.8dB

They are D4 wired to 8 ohms individual and 4 ohms at the amp.

Thanks fellas

Matt

That Cms is really high too. These seem like softer big box woofers. More like home audio woofers. If you do these in 14 cubes, I think it's gonna sound really boomy. Like your group delay in 14 cubes will probably be MASSIVE.

If it's IB, then there's no point in modeling it. Is it true IB or are you running a sealed off trunk?

Sealed off trunk for the time being. That's the 14 cubes volume.

As of right this second that are in the car and playing already. I had to dial back the 60hz range a little, but they are sounding very nice and can do hair tricks on some low songs.

That's the way you gotta do it I think. Modeling it won't change the way it plays in reality.

I just want to get a rough idea on when they start leaving their BL xmax. This isn't super scientific, but I don't know of a way to measure excursion in real time.

I think you gotta do it with your ears. You'll hear when they start not sounding right.

Due to some unforseen circumstances, it's a bit difficult to hear anything mechanical from the subs. Things are flexing alot more than anticipated, even with some added reinforcement to flimsy sections of metal.

By the eye it looks like I'm still well within 2 inches of peak to peak what do you think?

Here's a quick slowmo video and a regular video.

Please excuse the messy cargo area. Had to bring some stuff from work so I can add more bracing to the rear deck.

Matt

Now you see why I'm a little worried? Granted that song dips into the 20s I beleive.

Someone needs to make an excursion measurement device...

There's only so much power any woofer will take with that large of an airspace. You could make another wall behind the subs and cut that airspace down a bit and probably gain mechanical power handling, but you might lose that easy low end resonance. Those Fs of those subs is 15.6 hz or whatever, so the lower you play, the more they're gonna move, more than likely, generally speaking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...