can p99rs loud mode damage speaker ? and can speaker be repaired, rewinding speakers?? is it a good idea,

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
can p99rs loud mode damage speaker ? and can speaker be repaired, rewinding speakers?? is it a good idea,.

i listened to 30 volume and loud mode on my p99rs and sound retriever 2 settings and now one of my speakers is damaged, so the
cooper wire needs to be rewinded i never done this type of repair is it a good idea this kind of repair to be made instead of getting a new speaker and will it be worse than brand new factory made speaker please tell me what do u think........ or should i source for used speaker instead for more money what do u think guys of that. speaker in question is arc audio rs 6.0

can p99rs loud mode damage speaker ? and can speaker be repaired, rewinding speakers?? is it a good idea,.

i listened to 30 volume and loud mode on my p99rs and sound retriever 2 settings and now one of my speakers is damaged, so the
cooper wire needs to be rewinded i never done this type of repair is it a good idea this kind of repair to be made instead of getting a new speaker and will it be worse than brand new factory made speaker please tell me what do u think........ or should i source for used speaker instead for more money what do u think guys of that. speaker in question is arc audio rs 6.0
yes i told you to keep loud off. Why did you turn it back on? That adds all sorts of clipping and distortion to your setup.

Loud mode sounds insanely great, :( but probably damages the speakers :(
i am not sure if they can be repaired, and my installation is terrible i got blown fuse etcs.

expensive equipment and a bad install is a waste of good equipment. install means more than equipment every time. Cheap crap equipment can sound nice with a good design and good install. Don’t cheat yourself on that nice equipment you have.

Loud mode sounds insanely great, :( but probably damages the speakers :(
i am not sure if they can be repaired, and my installation is terrible i got blown fuse etcs.

Loud mode gives bass and treble boosts. Using any sort of EQ to boost is risky though as it can over-drive things. If you like that response it would be best to use EQ to cut middle frequencies.

If you have damaged a midrange or tweeter it is almost certainly done for good. A few home theater tweeters (mostly compression horn diaphragms) do offer drop in re-coil kits but it will be impossible to source parts for smaller speakers for the most part.

First issue is that you cannot just separate pieces. Cone/coil/suspension are all glued together and glued to the frame. You will not remove these parts cleanly. As far as I know nobody sells loose parts of those sizes either. Short of contacting a factory in China and ordering several hundred pieces custom made you just won't be able to get parts. If you could get them, assembly would require some precision to align everything properly. Likely this is all done by machine in the factory or at the very least with custom jigs to make sure everything is properly aligned.

In theory you could wind your own coils but if you do not have the exact former material and know the exact dimensions and also know the exact gauge and number of turns and wind width of the coil you'll never get it even close and if the coil isn't identical the speaker will be wildly different from the one with OEM parts.

expensive equipment and a bad install is a waste of good equipment.

In OP's defense, there's nobody in his entire country who knows WTF they're doing and no shops near him have any experience with anything short of flea market tier stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.