Can I upgrade alternator without upgrade battery?

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
I just ordered a mechman alternator after i got a new amp and sub, pushing around 1500 watts. Noticed my lights now dimm bad on every bass hit. I already did big 3 upgrade and a new interstate battery. Its nothing special but i dont want to order two batteries or replace this brand new battery if i can get away with upgrading to a 240a alternator. What do you guys think

240A Alternator should be a great upgrade to the power you are currently running. I think you will be fine with the Interstate Battery you have now. And down the road you can always add a trunk battery to support an even bigger system. Just don't bump too long with the car not running, and you will be A-OK.

240A Alternator should be a great upgrade to the power you are currently running. I think you will be fine with the Interstate Battery you have now. And down the road you can always add a trunk battery to support an even bigger system. Just don't bump too long with the car not running, and you will be A-OK.
Sweet thanks. Thats what i figured but wanted to make sure. This specific question was having no luck on google. This thread can be closed now, thanks.

Don't you drive a Honda, a Civic acutually right?

You need to bypass your ELD, you most likely don't even need to replace your alternator.

1,500 watts isn't ****.

I know you love to waste money so you likely won't even consider what I am saying.

You need to bypass your ELD, you most likely don't even need to replace your alternator.

1,500 watts isn't ****.

I know you love to waste money so you likely won't even consider what I am saying.
Money is SO MUCH FUN to waste! :)

Especially around people who WORSHIP IT!! I like watching them squirm in anguish!! Serves them RIGHT!! :)

John Kuthe...

1,500 watts isn't ****.

Actually after googling what your saying that is quite fascinating. Doesnt seem to complicated to do. I will look into that before the new alternator comes in. Unfortunately i already ordered it. Never heard of a ELD and everything online pointed at HO alternator. Welp, doesnt hurt to have a new alternator anyway. See ya

Dont you guys ever get tired of ragging on everyone all the time? Not sure why we cant all try to act like upstanding adults.
We are normally helpful, just john is the local village idiot... if you only seen the bullsh*t he posts on here. He's purposes stirring the pot at every instance and he's a deranged bipolar psycho... i'm not even joking, stay way from him and anything he says. He's trouble. Anyone and everyone on this forum knows about john and his antics. best to stay clear away from any advice he gives, he's the definition of wasting money getting zero results, my bad NEGATIVE results.

a 240 amp alt is plenty btw. Stay away from ebay. The legit places are mechman, singer alt, excessive amperage, ohio generator, USalternators, dc power. Should support up to 3000 wattss + 4 channel.

We are normally helpful, just john is the local village idiot... if you only seen the bullsh*t he posts on here. He's purposes stirring the pot at every instance and he's a deranged bipolar psycho... i'm not even joking, stay way from him and anything he says. He's trouble. Anyone and everyone on this forum knows about john and his antics. best to stay clear away from any advice he gives, he's the definition of wasting money getting zero results, my bad NEGATIVE results.
a 240 amp alt is plenty btw. Stay away from ebay. The legit places are mechman, singer alt, excessive amperage, ohio generator, USalternators, dc power. Should support up to 3000 wattss + 4 channel.
Would have been hilarious if you said that about ilikeradios. That guy has come onto everyone of my posts and insulted me anyway he can think of. Quite pathetic and doesnt help the crediability of him or my opinion of the forums. But regardless you guys have all been right so far so i keep looking and digging into some of the fascinating things you are saying

1,500 watts isn't ****.

Why do you have to be a dick?

Why do you have to be a dick?
Why do you have to be "Captain Save a Ho" all the time?

Besides the OP has shown he has thick skin, I think the OP is an idiot but I do not think he is a bad guy, in fact he is growing on me a little bit.

Now John, *** him I hope someshashes his hands with a hammer soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.