can i put an electronic crossover to my amp that already has a bulit in one?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
Ok i have a rockford 120.2 and it already has a bulit in x over i just bought a electronic one that i am planning to put in is thier any need for it i herard the x over on the rf amps **** would this work?

I have a punch 360.2 and a punch 400.4. I installed an external electronic crossover and it made a big difference. An external crossover is much more efficiant than the crossover filters within an amp.

Yep it will work. As previously stated it might make a difference. The problem with most built in crossovers is the slopes just aren't that great. Most are 12db an octave.

Ok i just put it in today it is a radio shack electronic xover system( i know it ***** but its only for a little bit) well anyway i hooked it up andit sounds like ass.The subs are really rumblie and distorty it sounded 10 times better before so i dunno what the problem is.I did splice into the power wire going to the amp and use that power and the same for the rem so is that wrong i used a differnt ground though well if you guys know please anwser back it does have the same 12db octave output same as my amp so should i toss it will it even do any good?

jlman--disconect the radio shack crossover

and just use the crossover thats built into the amp

try looking for audiocontrol 24xs electronic crossover

or any brand--precision power,rockfordfosgate,kicker

zapco,xtant, that has better quality parts built in.

try looking for one with 24db slopes:cool:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.