Can I put a sub in my truck?

Frankiefitt

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a 4 channel kicker amp that’s powering my door speakers but I want to put a sub, can I connect the sub to that amp? Or do I need another amp? Not gonna get anything crazy just something simple. And how would I wire that

What amp? What budget on sub and enclosure?

Most amps can be bridged, when bridged they usually can't see lower than a 4 ohm load. I had a Sundown SD3 10" on 2 channels bridged from my NVX JAD800.4, worked just fine, dual 2 ohm coils wired to 4 ohm for the amp.

This the amp

Attachments

• 6EC8CCFC-75EF-42C9-A4A8-B251DDD2F121.jpeg
    6EC8CCFC-75EF-42C9-A4A8-B251DDD2F121.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 135
Well that's a mono block, not a 4 channel. It says it's 300w@2ohm, doesn't mention 1 ohm so I wouldn't go lower than 2 ohm impedance.

With that amp, you'd want something that is dual/DVC 4 ohm coils so it can be wired to 2 ohms and get 300w.

Pretty much you'll be looking for a 300 watt RMS sub thats 4 ohm DVC.

So I have a 4 channel kicker amp that’s powering my door speakers but I want to put a sub, can I connect the sub to that amp? Or do I need another amp? Not gonna get anything crazy just something simple. And how would I wire that
Definitely, you can use the front channels for the doors and rear channels for the sub. You could use a dual 2ohm sub to get the most out of those channels, or dual 4 ohm to keep things chill. You may also use a single 4ohm abmnd bridge those rear channels.

If you have to ask then it's obvious that you can't.

Right. Every response to this should include the disclaimer: "Not liable if your car starts on fire".

Anyway, i think he's asking if he can run a sub AND the speakers on the same amp at the same time.

- Joe

Edit: typo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.