Can i cut a 15 inch enclosure to fit 18s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
I just bought some new 18s and im waiting on a box to be built but really want to bump them asap.theres a dual 15 inch box near me on market place cheap .can i cut the holes out bigger to fit the 18s ? This would only be temporary. Thought about building one but i dont really know how to design a box i never have and i recently moved and all my tools are an hr away. Tia!

If its solid enough, has the airspace for your 18s, and you have a way to make a nice round cut, then sure.

Building a box is pretty simple. I'm sure you can find plenty of youtube videos, or perhaps threads here to give you the details.

If you don't have the airspace for those 18s, then you could damage them, and you'll be wasting your time. With the amount of work to build a box, the running around to buy parts, the cutting, gluing, bracing.... An hr drive is the least of your worries if you have the tools you need. You could do it, but that excuse ranks about a 1.5 out of 10 for how lame it is when you think of the overall picture.

Last edited:
If its solid enough, has the airspace for your 18s, and you have a way to make a nice round cut, then sure.

Building a box is pretty simple. I'm sure you can find plenty of youtube videos, or perhaps threads here to give you the details.

If you don't have the airspace for those 18s, then you could damage them, and you'll be wasting your time. With the amount of work to build a box, the running around to buy parts, the cutting, gluing, bracing.... An hr drive is the least of your worries if you have the tools you need. You could do it, but that excuse ranks about a 1.5 out of 10 for how lame it is when you think of the overall picture.
Yeah well im a maintenance technician working 12 hr days 6 days a wk ontop of school 3 times a wk which are 4 hrs long .so ya an hr drive is hard for me to fit in my schedule .ive never built a box im pretty sure i could but i dont have the slightest clue how to do a port .ig i could prolly just build a sealed box for the time being ..but i apprecaitte it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...