Can anyone suggest a setup so when I get out of my vehicle i can hear the subs from about 10ft away?

DoggoChrysler

CarAudio.com Newbie
I currently have Four 12 inch speakers in two non-custom boxes and neither are ported. Two of them are Kicker Comp 12 inch subs(THE YELLOW ONES) and then i have two Pioneer 12 inch subs but i have no idea what kind until i go look in the morning.

I have an unknown 1800 watt amp that i can look at soon the find out the model. I also have a Lc2i signal box.

Im a newbie to setting up and tuning subs and have no idea what an Ohm is. I only know how to install them enough to get them working. Im willing to upgrade my parts if needed.

i'd like to be able to hear the subs from outside of the vehicle about 10ft away or any distance. i currently have 3 of the subs hooked up and they bump pretty loud but as soon as i get out of my truck and close the door its dead silence as if i dont even have subs. Im in a 4 door chevrolet silverado if that helps with any information.

ditch those subs and start over.i have 1 xcon 10 on 2500 rms rated watts @13.8 volts and i can definitely hear it 10 ft away.its all in the equipment and electrical.this is my current setup until cstang gets done building a box for my zcon 12 in the near future just cause lol

phone difficulties

Attachments

• 0114231323_HDR.jpg
    0114231323_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
he can probably make you somethin...

good stuff to know...

What I would suggest is you search this site, google, YouTube and learn the proper way to wire your amps and subs, as well as how to set your gains and filters. I do t suggest having 2 different sets of subs, so I recommend you pick the best two and get everything set right. No reason that even two of the cheapest 12s can’t be heard outside the truck. As you start learning you’ll have a better idea of things you want to buy and upgrade.

I currently have Four 12 inch speakers in two non-custom boxes and neither are ported. Two of them are Kicker Comp 12 inch subs(THE YELLOW ONES) and then i have two Pioneer 12 inch subs but i have no idea what kind until i go look in the morning.

I have an unknown 1800 watt amp that i can look at soon the find out the model. I also have a Lc2i signal box.

Im a newbie to setting up and tuning subs and have no idea what an Ohm is. I only know how to install them enough to get them working. Im willing to upgrade my parts if needed.

i'd like to be able to hear the subs from outside of the vehicle about 10ft away or any distance. i currently have 3 of the subs hooked up and they bump pretty loud but as soon as i get out of my truck and close the door its dead silence as if i dont even have subs. Im in a 4 door chevrolet silverado if that helps with any information.
Sounds like you have good insulation in your vehicle. If your subs bump when you are inside, why worry about the outside? If you are playing them for the public, roll down your windows or buy some marine speakers and mount them outside. Sorry if I misunderstood what you want.

Get a Wrangler and get naked (you know…the Jeep, not you…none of us want to see that) and you’ll definitely be heard coming. 😉

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...