Can anyone recommend an automatic audio switch ?

Participant count
  • Participants list

aid54

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I am creating a rental car audio setup with ipad and bluetooth receiver, amp and speakers.

Basic setup is : 

Music:

- Bluetooth receiver wired to amp (car occupants connect to this receiver to play music)

Ipad Warning Message Audio:

- Ipad connected to the amp (Ipad runs a rental app we created - that has audio warnings if customers exceed speed limit or go into unauthorized area - gravel roads etc)

When the Ipad app plays an audio warning message - we need Bluetooth audio to the amp to be muted - and the ipad audio to play through the amp - so the customers can hear the warning message clearly.

My question is - is there any hardware out there that can held us achieve this? Automatically switch to the ipad audio source once it is detected and when it stops being detected automatically switches back to bluettoth audio source?

Thanks - hope this makes sense

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.