Can a sub blow in 2 weeks if it was professionally installed?

Been there done that before when I've asked for 8 gauge or 10 gauge...I get the ? "why you never need that size for subs or speaker you are fine with 14 or 16 gauge" Ummm no you moron I want 8 or 10 gauge because of the power going through there.

Sounds like you're living proof that it CAN happen.

What do you mean by "install"? They screwed it into a box? They wired it? They installed the amp and adjusted settings?

If they did the entire install and you haven't tweaked anything since the install, I personally would accept nothing less than a new sub. Having said that, I would bring it up to them and let them make things right before I start accusing them of anything.

Thanks for context. Full disclosure: you aren't the shop owner are you?
no......i would have told him to kick rocks the first time....i make sure when i do installs for tards i dial it way back for this exact reason...when they come back wanting better/louder subs i set gains normal and give em a smile....

Last edited:
Had a sub and amp installed by a shop 2 weeks ago. Today driving to work the subwoofer blew.. what should I do.
Like jt4x4 said, if they did everything take it back. There is zero reason your new equipment should be failing regardless of your listening habits. As a shop owner he should know the pros and cons of the equipment he sells. If you requested "louder" with the same equipment, a disclosure should've followed for your and his protection. If it looks like no free replacement, ask what can be done to prevent this from reoccuring. Play it by ear, you may get a discount on another sub. He already did right by you once so his willingness to help a customer is high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.