Can a Rockford Power 300 Mosfet run a single 15?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
I'm curious if an old school Rockford power 300 mosfet can run a single 15? The amp is four channel and the sub is dual 2 ohm. The sub is rated at 1,500 rms. Any thoughts on if the sub would be underpowered, or, not? I was thinking of just using old school amps. A power 150 would run the mids and highs.

A lot of things CAN be done that probably shouldn't.

A 4 channel and D2 probably makes about the worst match up possible.
You could do something ridiculous like bridge both pairs to 2 ohms which would give you 300w on paper -- maybe more given RF's history of under-rating amps (although - it could also be less since the amp's not technically 2 ohms stable bridged -- some amps struggle when they're stressed). And it would **** up a huge amt of current for that relatively low amt of power.

Not worth the effort IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.