cadence a7hc

rosrock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
im STRONGLY considering buying one. Ive seen some good reviews on it, its just that its like 10 years old i believe. What really surprises me is that theres ONLY ONE 80 AMP FUSE and it supposedly puts a a STURDY 1500 at 1 ohm!? Any1 have any opinions on this?. Now that i sold my directed 1500d(1100 at 1 ohm) im searching for something that puts out more and is very efficient which this looks like it is cause i just have a stock 105 alt. Just want a few opinions before i buy. Also is 225 a decent deal?

amazing amp 95 percent effecient, was built by zed audio i have ran many, it will put out between 1400 to 1500 rms if it has the silver clips on the fets, thats the 2002 model and not the 1999, prob the best amp in the 1200 to 1500rms range i have ever owned, i have won many cometitions with 12 of these lined in my trunk since their cheater amps

that review means a lot to me because its coming from DENIM AKA SSA SUB BUILDER!! by the way cant wait to get my icon recone kit today!! i hope this wont be to difficult ... ive never done a recone before. any tips denim?

good amp!

it is NOT 95% eff well might be at 4ohm but not at 1ohm rated.

people never learn takes 3x rated power for 3+ sec to blow a fuse. so a amp producing 1200rms wont blow a 80 amp fuse. you can draw 160 amps for 3 sec on a 80 amp fuse.

db drive platiunm pd1200.1 had 80 amps worth of fusing too no problems and that amp did more than 1200rms...

"Wow, some ppl need a basic physics lesson here..

It is impossible for that amp to do 1500w. If it were 100% efficient, which it ain't, and were fed a constant 14v, which it won't be, the absolute maximum output would be 80*14= 1120 watts

In reality, an amp that old is probably ~70% efficient at best, so 1120*.7= 784. So you are looking at less than 800 watts."

is this true??

"Wow, some ppl need a basic physics lesson here..
It is impossible for that amp to do 1500w. If it were 100% efficient, which it ain't, and were fed a constant 14v, which it won't be, the absolute maximum output would be 80*14= 1120 watts

In reality, an amp that old is probably ~70% efficient at best, so 1120*.7= 784. So you are looking at less than 800 watts."

is this true??
This amp is an under rated beast.

Guts:

fSW143ng.jpeg

Actual bench test results...."Cadence A7HC: 1398 watts x 1 at 12.7 volts and 1 ohm" That's @ 12.7 volts. Not 14.4v like some company's ratings.

Just look at those guts! Oh, man. It almost brings a tear to my eye to have to sell her, but hopefully it'll find a good home killing someone's subs.

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/pdfs/2009%20Manuals/M1400.1D,M1400.2D.htm

also uses a 80 amp fuse 1400rms at 1 ohm ???

that amp was rated at 1200rms at 12.5vs in 1999 then 1400rms in 2002, the old ones have black clips the newer ones have silver clips

Actual bench test results...."Cadence A7HC: 1398 watts x 1 at 12.7 volts and 1 ohm" That's @ 12.7 volts. Not 14.4v like some company's ratings. 

Just look at those guts! Oh, man. It almost brings a tear to my eye to have to sell her, but hopefully it'll find a good home killing someone's subs.

PANEL LAYOUT

also uses a 80 amp fuse 1400rms at 1 ohm ???

that amp was rated at 1200rms at 12.5vs in 1999 then 1400rms in 2002, the old ones have black clips the newer ones have silver clips

Lol. That's my Craigslist ad for my A7HC. I friggin love that amp and I will sing it's praises all the day long. It has been a champ for me for almost 10 years, and it's true, it actually pains me to sell it. Now that we're talking about it, i may just keep it. *sigh* Anyway, anybody who talks smack about this amp has never owned one. That amp retailed for $899 back in the day. My A7 and I have been through hell and back. Mixed up power and grounds, leaving the windows down and it getting flooded, running stupid ohm loads, way too little voltage supply, and on and on.... I actually dropped this amp from about 5 ft and it went right back to work. I had it mounted upside down for a year running @ 1 ohm and it soldiered on. Lol. I don't think I could kill this amp if I tried. Once, I hooked up every sub I owned to it just to see what it would do. Lol. I could't even tell you what ohm load it was, but I can tell you that it was like 8-10 subs... and on a Civic alternator. Lmao! Good times. It was a pair of those crazy ass orange Cadence ultra-drive 15's, 2 home theater 12" subs in the back seats (yes, in their boxes) a couple of random bazooka tubes, a pair of mtx 12's in truck boxes in the passenger seat. Oh man, it sounded like ass but all of those subs were doing work.

Too funny. 22awg speaker wire was everywhere. Oh to be a n00b.

that review means a lot to me because its coming from DENIM AKA SSA SUB BUILDER!! by the way cant wait to get my icon recone kit today!! i hope this wont be to difficult ... ive never done a recone before. any tips denim?
Replied to your PM on the recone. As for the amp, I am just speaking from how much we liked them at an old audio shop I used to manage back in college. This amp and the Orion HCCA's were the big sellers for sub woofer duty. There are plenty of people who know amps better then I do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.