Bypass headset

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vaibhav

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi I have a factory fitted head unit in my BMW X1 2019 connected to focal speakers in 4 doors, under seat focal woofers and match pp86 dsp amplifier. I also have dd sub woofer powered by a separate amplifier. My car doesnt have aux input and has usb inputs regular one and type c. I play music using tidal premium service on iPhone. Tidal premium service offers MQA files. My system sounds great but I want to make it sound better. I’m considering 3 actions and want i outs from audiophiles

1. Installing a hd usb sound card to match amplifier so I can directly connect to USB input of amplifier and bypass the factory fitted receiver.
2. Buying a new portable player which can stream tidal MQA files and other high quality files. I have heard that iphone is not certified for MQA.
3. Alternatively attach a portable dac to iPhone and then connect to usb c of headset

Do you recommend both the above or some other alternative?

I would exhaust your options on reversible head unit installation kits for the BMW first. Most cars it can be done in a completely reversible and full-featured fashion, but of course some can't like my Accord where the backup camera will be shitty without permanent modifications. From there I would explore the least gimmicky looking solutions first, probably starting with an embedded portable head unit with a mobile display. This would be running independent of your factory unit, but at the same time so you still had original functionality except music. You could mount the screen to your dash and use adapters to splice the ignition, and battery wires all behind the scenes and reversible, then run RCAs to the amplifier for clean input.

The downsides with most of this including all of your ideas is that you'd either have to splice in your door chimes and other sound functionality that uses the speakers or go without.

Use these to bypass headunit and connect to DSP via Bluetooth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.