Building my first car audio system, need help!

We have ALOT of ground zero subs here in Norway.. There aren't really many stores in Norway that sell real car audio either, so I will just order online. Here are some links to some Norwegian websites.
https://www.bassbrothers.no/bilstereo/basshoyttalere?sort_193=217&page_193=1

Subwoofere › Produktkategorier › Sandviks Bass & Bongel

https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bilstereo/subwoofer-bass/filter/basselement
do you want just loud or mostly sq or middle? how much power will you have to run it or how much $ will u spend on amp?

do you want just loud or mostly sq or middle? how much power will you have to run it or how much $ will u spend on amp?
I want something that is loud, and capable of playing low notes. For the amp, I will go with something around 400-500 dollars, kinda hard to say right now, but I will definetly have to get something with enough power.

Sorry for late replies, still getting used to the forum.

I want something that is loud, and capable of playing low notes. For the amp, I will go with something around 400-500 dollars, kinda hard to say right now, but I will definetly have to get something with enough power.
Sorry for late replies, still getting used to the forum.
sa is pretty loud does ok on lows by most accounts the x is better at lows but doesn't play higher as well and takes lots more power.. that sundown U looks like it may be better at both but cost more and again takes more power.. keep in mind after what we call "box rise" sub only really gets about 1/2 the power amp makes. really it's close to what the next highest ohm load is (so if u wired to 1 ohm amp does 1500 but at 2 ohm if amp does 750 thats what's closer to actual power to sub) point is if u want 1500rms u need a big amp like 2k+ and u will need big 3 wires under hood and 2nd battery.. so if u don't want to spend more $ on bigger wire etc go with d2 sa 15 and a 1k- 1200rms amp (set gain well) but something like a rockford 750 will do ok with it. if u don't mind the other $ and work get a "bigger" sub and amp

sa is pretty loud does ok on lows by most accounts the x is better at lows but doesn't play higher as well and takes lots more power.. that sundown U looks like it may be better at both but cost more and again takes more power.. keep in mind after what we call "box rise" sub only really gets about 1/2 the power amp makes. really it's close to what the next highest ohm load is (so if u wired to 1 ohm amp does 1500 but at 2 ohm if amp does 750 thats what's closer to actual power to sub) point is if u want 1500rms u need a big amp like 2k+ and u will need big 3 wires under hood and 2nd battery.. so if u don't want to spend more $ on bigger wire etc go with d2 sa 15 and a 1k- 1200rms amp (set gain well) but something like a rockford 750 will do ok with it. if u don't mind the other $ and work get a "bigger" sub and amp
Sa series will take 1k without any problems with a clean signal. Clip at that power, and you have instant recone practice. as you mentioned box rise, id recommend a 2k amp on an sa series sub. Headroom is a good thing.

FYI, im gonna be running 3 sa12s on my scv3000d at .66 ohms. and they will like it.

If you list the available space you are willing to give up H x W x D and let the forum weigh in on choices, you'll get good info. People here will tell ya what'll fit, even account for port clearance, I'm sure everyone here would be able to advise you on what'll fit, get low and sound good... just let folks hear what sort of result/goal you want. Also, if you put up a pic of the cargo area that would help. If you want to keep it under the windowline make sure the height you give is that measurement, and realistically how many electrical upgrades are you willing to pay for. A 3-5K amp will probably need some $$$ just in electrical upgrades to be done correctly (alt, batts and wire) so think about that.

Even a single 15 can use just a bit of space...

yF2TZ1.jpg

Lol... doin a pair could get kinda big... do you got a lot of space that you'll give up?

After what I have heard and read about the SA 15, thats what I will most likely go with. A single SA 15 with a decent amp, and a good sized box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you list the available space you are willing to give up H x W x D and let the forum weigh in on choices, you'll get good info. People here will tell ya what'll fit, even account for port clearance, I'm sure everyone here would be able to advise you on what'll fit, get low and sound good... just let folks hear what sort of result/goal you want. Also, if you put up a pic of the cargo area that would help. If you want to keep it under the windowline make sure the height you give is that measurement, and realistically how many electrical upgrades are you willing to pay for. A 3-5K amp will probably need some $$$ just in electrical upgrades to be done correctly (alt, batts and wire) so think about that.
Even a single 15 can use just a bit of space...

yF2TZ1.jpg

Lol... doin a pair could get kinda big... do you got a lot of space that you'll give up?
I went out and meassured the trunk, and the design of it is kinda stupid.. the space closest to the rear seats have this kind of curve that takes up alot of space. I would have taken some pictures but its kinda late and dark. But this is excactly like mine. The thing you see on the top of the seats can also be removed https://www.google.no/search?q=Bmw+e46+wagon+trunk&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCsc2-3b_aAhUDhiwKHZqUATYQ_AUICigB&biw=1745&bih=885#imgrc=MFk96KuEwOpn3M:

The numbers I got was H20 x W36 x D23, and I could maybe go up to 27 in depth if needed. Are you sure that box isn't designed for an E46? Hahaha.

I see now that a pair of 15 would take up all the space, so that can't be done. I will just go with a single 15. Changing the alternator is also something i don't want to do, but an extra battery could be done if that is any help.

I went out and meassured the trunk, and the design of it is kinda stupid.. the space closest to the rear seats have this kind of curve that takes up alot of space. I would have taken some pictures but its kinda late and dark. But this is excactly like mine. The thing you see on the top of the seats can also be removed https://www.google.no/search?q=Bmw+e46+wagon+trunk&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCsc2-3b_aAhUDhiwKHZqUATYQ_AUICigB&biw=1745&bih=885#imgrc=MFk96KuEwOpn3M:
The numbers I got was H20 x W36 x D23, and I could maybe go up to 27 in depth if needed. Are you sure that box isn't designed for an E46? Hahaha.

I see now that a pair of 15 would take up all the space, so that can't be done. I will just go with a single 15. Changing the alternator is also something i don't want to do, but an extra battery could be done if that is any help.
yeah 1 15 will take box about like 2 12's but u only have to buy 1 sub and use all amps power to 1 sub.. amp quality has dropped a lot so if u get a sundown sub u be ok but let us help you pick the amp of course we don't know prices over there..

I have looked at subs from USA, and what it costs with shipping, and its just insane.The price of a Sundown Audio X12 in USA is 500 dollars, and in Norway it costs 770 dollars...

Something I have considered tho, is to get a box design for 2 15s, but run only one 15 to begin with. And get the other 15 when I have enough money.

Will this sound absolutely **** with only one of them in? Considering that the box is built for two hahah

I could also go with 12s, as this leaves maybe a little more space
check on the prices you can get for B2 audio, digital designs, vibe audio(black death series only), ground zero and you already listed earthquake. Those brands are go to brands in the EU for loud and low bass. There should be plenty of dealers for them that you can get for cheaper. They are every bit as good as sundown.

I'd go with a single 18 inch sub in the space available to you with the dimensions you provided.

Really id do a single 1-1.5k 15" sub in an enclosure

tuned to 33-34hz and add a decent AGM battery or 2 if needed...then watch voltage. A 1.5-2k amp would match the sub well and if voltage drops too much , cross that hurdle if it becomes a problem.

Look at the local available gear... the B2 stuff is good equipment.

yeah 1 15 will take box about like 2 12's but u only have to buy 1 sub and use all amps power to 1 sub.. amp quality has dropped a lot so if u get a sundown sub u be ok but let us help you pick the amp of course we don't know prices over there..
When it comes to amplifiers Im really clueless, so it would be great if you guys could recommend an amp for something like a SA15. Here are some links to show what is sold here in Norway:

Monoforsterkere › Produktkategorier › Sandviks Bass & Bongel

https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bilstereo/forsterkere/filter/mono-forsterker

https://www.audiocom.no/bilstereo/forsterker/mono

When it comes to amplifiers Im really clueless, so it would be great if you guys could recommend an amp for something like a SA15. Here are some links to show what is sold here in Norway:Monoforsterkere › Produktkategorier › Sandviks Bass & Bongel

https://bilradiospes.no/produkter/bilstereo/forsterkere/filter/mono-forsterker

https://www.audiocom.no/bilstereo/forsterker/mono
yeah u have great options there. the sundown 1k or the alpine 1200 would be good (just remember if u get amp that does most of it's power at 2 ohm u need a d4 sub) idk the sound digital some peeps here may.. i'd say jbl if it's cheaper but they don't have a subsonic filter which u need with ported box (prevents sub from getting freqs below box tuning)

check on the prices you can get for B2 audio, digital designs, vibe audio(black death series only), ground zero and you already listed earthquake. Those brands are go to brands in the EU for loud and low bass. There should be plenty of dealers for them that you can get for cheaper. They are every bit as good as sundown.
I'd go with a single 18 inch sub in the space available to you with the dimensions you provided.
A single 18 would be insane, but doable if my dimensions could fit one hahah. Ground Zeros 18 looks sick: https://www.xtremecar.no/ground-zero-hydrogen-gzhw-18xspl-d1-2x1-ohm.html

I also fould this B2 sub, but don't know if it is any good or not comparing it to the ground zero.

B2 Audio ISX18D1 Dual 1ohm spoler - DYNABEL AS

yeah u have great options there. the sundown 1k or the alpine 1200 would be good (just remember if u get amp that does most of it's power at 2 ohm u need a d4 sub) idk the sound digital some peeps here may.. i'd say jbl if it's cheaper but they don't have a subsonic filter which u need with ported box (prevents sub from getting freqs below box tuning)
Yeah, yet another thing to think about.. Then I will have to get an amp with subsonic filter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.