Building my first car audio system, need help!

Mhmjepp

Hi! I am completely new to car audio, and just registered on this forum in hope to get some profesionall help hahah.

I just turned 18 and got myself a bmw e46 wagon, so there is a big trunk to work with.

I am not sure of what subwoofers to get, but I want something that is able to play lows. I have been looking at the Sundown Audio SA 15, or 12, and earthquake dbxi 15.

I don't have the biggest budget, and the prices here in Norway are just dumb.

What I want to know is what is the best bang for the buck, and whether to go with two 12s/15s or if its enough with a single 15.

I am open for suggestions and my budget is around 450-700 dollars for the subwoofer(s) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(Sorry for my English)

2 12" sundowns would be good.. just remember correct ported box is just as important as subs., if u can't make one you have to get 1 designed and pay to build it..

2 12" sundowns would be good.. just remember correct ported box is just as important as subs., if u can't make one you have to get 1 designed and pay to build it..
Yeah, I want to buy a box design specific for my sub(s), and build it myself.

I really want to go with two 12 or 15s, but then I have to have an even more expensive amplifier :\

And what 12s would you recommend?

Yeah, I want to buy a box design specific for my sub(s), and build it myself.I really want to go with two 12 or 15s, but then I have to have an even more expensive amplifier :\

And what 12s would you recommend?
well the sa's are good subs, some peeps here like the american bass xfl cheaper than sa.. 1 15 would be cheaper and would work on 1k rms the xfl can take more power than that.. either 2 12's or 1 15 would take about 4cf ad box so keep in mind space makes bass.. i'd tell u fu750 like mine but they in u.s. so shipping would kill u..

If you're on a tight budget you might check out the Rockville K9 12". It's reviewed on EXO's Youtube channel.

Rockville K9 12" Sub

I've got a Sundown SA-12 on 1.2kw in a good box (same builder that did Grandpa's). It hits hard. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sundown. If you're trying to hit the low-lows make sure you get the right box built by someone who knows what they're doing, and tune your system accordingly.

If you're on a tight budget you might check out the Rockville K9 12". It's reviewed on EXO's Youtube channel.
Rockville K9 12" Sub

I've got a Sundown SA-12 on 1.2kw in a good box (same builder that did Grandpa's). It hits hard. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sundown. If you're trying to hit the low-lows make sure you get the right box built by someone who knows what they're doing, and tune your system accordingly.
rockvilles are sold out now for months and they had coil problems.. saying they gonna fix it idk whats up..

Also check out the Sundown U-series. Rated at twice the RMS of the SA-series and only about $100 more.
those U's look good af.. about same weight as my fu but looks bigger higher rms. outta my price and power range anyway..

well the sa's are good subs, some peeps here like the american bass xfl cheaper than sa.. 1 15 would be cheaper and would work on 1k rms the xfl can take more power than that.. either 2 12's or 1 15 would take about 4cf ad box so keep in mind space makes bass.. i'd tell u fu750 like mine but they in u.s. so shipping would kill u..
I have looked at subs from USA, and what it costs with shipping, and its just insane.

The price of a Sundown Audio X12 in USA is 500 dollars, and in Norway it costs 770 dollars...

Something I have considered tho, is to get a box design for 2 15s, but run only one 15 to begin with. And get the other 15 when I have enough money.

Will this sound absolutely **** with only one of them in? Considering that the box is built for two hahah

I could also go with 12s, as this leaves maybe a little more space

you could do that theoretically, as in build 2 separate boxes, with different ports.. but its not the best practice. having multiple subs in a common chamber, with a common port is highly recommended vs splitting them up.

Running 1 sub in a box designed for 2 is not a good idea either, as you could easily damage the sub. building a box is maybe $100 and your time. build a proper box for 1 sub, then sell it to a friend when you get your 2nd sub.

you could do that theoretically, as in build 2 separate boxes, with different ports.. but its not the best practice. having multiple subs in a common chamber, with a common port is highly recommended vs splitting them up.
Running 1 sub in a box designed for 2 is not a good idea either, as you could easily damage the sub. building a box is maybe $100 and your time. build a proper box for 1 sub, then sell it to a friend when you get your 2nd sub.
Oh okay, I didn't know you could damage the sub by having a too large box. I will just wipe that idea then hahah..

If I were to go with a single 15" with a max price tag of 600USD, what sub would you guys go with?

Oh okay, I didn't know you could damage the sub by having a too large box. I will just wipe that idea then hahah..If I were to go with a single 15" with a max price tag of 600USD, what sub would you guys go with?
What's available to you locally?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.