building a box

Enclosure

• Sealed

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ported

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
30 ftw? LOL so im guessing 30+ FTL. **** i don't know how to find out how to tune my box or how big to make it :[ is there a calculator online or somethin for that stuff??

id suggest about 29-30hz. you want loud but its gonna be louder around 35+ but its not gonna be low. tuning lower gets you better sound quality

very true. WELL CONSIDERING i just got my front stage hsk165's i'll tune it to 30 hz because im lookin for SQ now. because i actually have very nice music coming out of my front stage

IDK. i can't decide. i already have a ported BOX. should i just make a better ported custom enclosure or go totally different and make a sealed enclosure??

and so i hear

Enclosure Recommendations

Sealed Enclosure: The G2124 woofer is optimized for use in a small sealed enclosure with a 1.0 cu. ft. internal volume.

Ported Enclosure: The woofer can also be used in a 2.0 cu. ft. ported enclosure with a 4" diameter, 13" long port, and tuned to 34Hz.

and when it says "recommended enclosure", are they referring to ONE sub or TWO??

and i also noticed it says tuned to 34?

SHOULD I STILL TUNE IT TO 34?

or tune it to a perfect 30, like you all have said??

VB-Volume of Box

Recommended Enclosure should be for each sub.

Tuning depends on trunk size,air space,deadening,etc.... Porting can tricky, you cant have a big box & not have enough air for the port to breath right.

take one project at a time

i use the re box builder just type in the dimensions and it tells you what cuts to make and all the info on it ported is what i do. and i coat mine in bed liner i like the look

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...