building a box for d6 12 diamond audios

toledokid
10+ year member

me and some friends are building a box for 2 12 d6 Diamond Audio DVC 2ohm subwoofers, the Diamond website only gives specs for a vented box, and I think that would be a little too much to do, plus I'm looking for the tightest/punchiest while still being low.

the height I'm able to work with is roughly 15.5-16 inches overall, length is 24 and width was 36? If you guys want I'll get you the exact specifications of how much space I have to work with.

Any advice on what enclosures would be best for me? right now I got the 1 12" in a small box (was built for a kenwood DVC 12") but it's not hitting lows that well, nor does it really put out much sound.

Thanks!!

My d6s sounded pretty good in a 3.5-4cubes tuned to 33 (I forget the exact cubic feet). I'd say start there. What vehicle is this going in?Larson
a 97 pontiac grand prix (GTP)
where could i find specs for a 3.5-4 cube box tuned to 33?

i gotta buy a new amp, but im getting kicker zX1000.1, so about 1000 (underrated or so I've heard) at 2 ohms (currently have kenwood 1000watt @1ohm which isn't very stable at 1ohm, although they claim it is.)

Ok, cool.

Something like this might work.

DDesign.jpg

I'll get cut sheet in a sec...

Yeah, but I don't trust myself with anything but a enclosed box, since I've been known to abuse my woofers unknowingly.

I'm still relatively new to car audio, although I've been playing bass guitar over 4 years ;D

Yeah, but I don't trust myself with anything but a enclosed box, since I've been known to abuse my woofers unknowingly.
I'm still relatively new to car audio, although I've been playing bass guitar over 4 years ;D
These subs can take some abuse, I really suggest porting them, as you'll gain output over a sealed alignment.

When I had my pair, I through 2k at them, they took it very well, so I don't think your gonna have much issues with the power your running.

Larson

These subs can take some abuse, I really suggest porting them, as you'll gain output over a sealed alignment. When I had my pair, I through 2k at them, they took it very well, so I don't think your gonna have much issues with the power your running.

Larson
Good to know, but I somehow toasted a kenwood 12" dvc 2ohm woofer the first day I had my license (I have a feeling my dad had it hooked up wrong or some ****.) but yeah... I was listening to Kottonmouth Kings a little too loud...
now that I think about it, his gains were probably all ****ed up and that's what did it.

I just remember blowing a fuse on the amp and then after replacing it the amp would go into protect mode randomly till the subwoofer just stopped working.

Stay away from Diamond's vented design if you want sound quality or deep bass. It is tuned to 40Hz which is way to high for the D6s. I would suggest tuning as low as you can with the space available (low 30s to even mid to high 20s would be ideal).

I have a single 12" D6 in a folded transmission line enclosure. It has some amazing low-end and great sound quality. Not an output monster but is great for what I was looking for.

dsc007321.jpg

will I be losing any sound quality? cause I bought these more-so for quality tone reproduction rather than just loudness, although a good balance works great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.