Budget Truck Speaker Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Courage

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, this is my first time posting, so hopefully I'm in the right thread. If I'm not, please feel free to move this to the correct section moderators. I have a 2001 F250 XL that up until 2 days ago had the stock head unit, and I'm guessing stock speakers. Now I have a Pioneer MVH-S21BT installed that was my birthday present. I always thought my truck had 4 speakers, 2 in the doors, and 2 behind the seat, but when I was playing with my new stereo's fader(?) as I turned the rear speakers up it just got quieter, which made me investigate. The rear speaker holders are empty. After doing some digging online, evidently the very basic trim levels only had front speakers, but had the wiring run back the the empty holders. In my opinion it sounds pretty good with just the front 2 speakers, but I'd like to add some rear speakers if that would improve the sound quality/volume. I read some where that too many speakers run off of a budget level head unit would decrease audio quality. Is this true? Would adding rear speakers cause this? I would be looking to spend between $40-$80 on a pair if I did get some, the lower the cost the better... If adding rear speakers is advisable, do you guys have any suggestions for what ones to buy?
Thanks in advance!
Courage

Hi guys, this is my first time posting, so hopefully I'm in the right thread. If I'm not, please feel free to move this to the correct section moderators. I have a 2001 F250 XL that up until 2 days ago had the stock head unit, and I'm guessing stock speakers. Now I have a Pioneer MVH-S21BT installed that was my birthday present. I always thought my truck had 4 speakers, 2 in the doors, and 2 behind the seat, but when I was playing with my new stereo's fader(?) as I turned the rear speakers up it just got quieter, which made me investigate. The rear speaker holders are empty. After doing some digging online, evidently the very basic trim levels only had front speakers, but had the wiring run back the the empty holders. In my opinion it sounds pretty good with just the front 2 speakers, but I'd like to add some rear speakers if that would improve the sound quality/volume. I read some where that too many speakers run off of a budget level head unit would decrease audio quality. Is this true? Would adding rear speakers cause this? I would be looking to spend between $40-$80 on a pair if I did get some, the lower the cost the better... If adding rear speakers is advisable, do you guys have any suggestions for what ones to buy?
Thanks in advance!
Courage

Honestly I'd rather just go with a nicer set of front speakers than front and rear but adding rear speakers off of deck power shouldn't be an issue.

You will need to run new wires to those locations if it had to bet. I don't think the factory radio wires were ever there.

Thanks for responding! The front speakers already sound good to me, so I was just thinking that adding rears might make it sound more 3D, concert like. But if I do decide to replace the fronts, do you have any recommendations for high quality cheap speakers? Thanks!
Courage

Thanks for responding! The front speakers already sound good to me, so I was just thinking that adding rears might make it sound more 3D, concert like. But if I do decide to replace the fronts, do you have any recommendations for high quality cheap speakers? Thanks!
Courage
I put some cheap Kicker coaxials in the back doors of my 2002 just because I was using a 6 channel amp so might as well. You can't even tell the difference if they're running or not. Definitely not worth any time or money to fill those holes!

I like JBL/Infinity lineup pretty well and they have a good selection of 6x8" components and coaxials that'll fit those Ford trucks. Second choice would be the Kicker who also makes a few options that'll be plug and play. I don't like them as good as Harmon International's lineup but Kicker is typically a reliable product

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...