Budget amp to go with ID10?

Sluggz

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 9, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have also read about it a lot and almost went with it as well. The only downfall that I found with the Brazilian amps is they can get a little "toasty" if not wired correctly .
I saw a video on YT of a guy saying to NOT mount those amps on sub enclosures as well… Maybe the Alpine is not a bad idea lol

Reactions: Grimmjoww

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
At this point I wanna hear about your stereo.
I have three vehicles at the moment. Jeep did 160.3dB in Super Street 4 at a DB Drag show last weekend, my other two are modest using 5 and 6 channel amp to power everything. Can you guess which I never have to worry about blowing up woofers in?

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Jan 10, 2012
12 gauge is overkill from the amp to sub but if you got it, use it. Otherwise I’d save a little coin and get 14-16 if you are purchasing new.

Reactions: Sluggz

Sluggz

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 9, 2022
12 gauge is overkill from the amp to sub but if you got it, use it. Otherwise I’d save a little coin and get 14-16 if you are purchasing new.
Would it hurt anything or just too much wire?

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Jan 10, 2012
Nope, it won’t hurt a thing. It just seems like you’re on a tight budget so I’d get the smaller wire to save a little. Up to you though!

Sluggz

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 9, 2022
Nope, it won’t hurt a thing. It just seems like you’re on a tight budget so I’d get the smaller wire to save a little. Up to you though!
Thank you Cliff! I am on a budget but I will spend on stuff like wiring. I think you recommended Knu wires I bought some for my door wiring

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Jan 10, 2012
Knu is good stuff. These days I go for the best deal I can get for ofc. I have a stock of Knu, Sky High, Tsunami, all good stuff for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.