Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Looks great
Reminds me of what a fumbling idiot I am when it comes to carpeting but that's my future therapy bill not yours
I was staring at the box and out the corner of my eye I saw the rims on the civic parked outsidešŸ˜²
I can't unsee that

Last edited:
Looks great
Reminds me of what a fumbling idiot I am when it comes to carpeting but that's my future therapy bill not yours
I was staring at the box and out the corner of my eye I saw the rims on the civic parked outsidešŸ˜²
I can't unsee that

Hahahaha!!! I'm gonna let my builder know. I totally didn't see those wheels!!! I'm pretty sure I know who's car that is.

Do you like the wheels? LMK, I'll tell him hahaha

That purple LED looks awesome wish I could do that with my setup. Even without it I know it will look really nice as he does really good work and the time is worth it.

I think he's about to start on yours. We had some lightning, of course, and his internet got hit and the power line workers were out there until super late fixing tons of stuff in his area. It's always something šŸ¤•šŸ˜†

The weather has been nuts in FL this past week, at least where I am. We're having tons and tons of lightning somewhat continuously throughout the day, whether it's raining or not. Just a ton of electrical activity, I randomly hear thunder all day long now, for a few days in a row. Tons of heat lightning at night. Like paparazzi levels of lightening.

I went a little Buckwild on this one. Sometimes a Buck just has to go wild, you know? I really like these subs. Really really like these subs, from how I see the t/s parameters.

Subs: 2 Adire Audio KH3001 15's (3000w RMS per)
Box: 4th Order Bandpass with fully removable port and multiple windows. It's designed for daily heavy bass, going in the back of the cargo area of a large American SUV.

3 B2 Audio Rampage 8's Ported, in a coupe trunk. These 8's may be the best 8's I've seen from a high powered t/s parameter looking. These 8's have a 300 oz motor, 1000w rms, 20mm of xmax....holy cow!!! These are some monsters!!! I'd love to do a monster series 6th order for these.

I would just like to point out that sound and electricity are so important to understand. One reason why I like designing so much is that I learn about both sound and electricity, and that has widely opened up my comprehension of how much of reality works. All of the reality that you see is just a small sliver of electromagnetic radiation. It's almost like we live within a certain bandwidth of high frequency sound. There seems to be many parallels between electricity and sound; if you think about it, all speakers are just producing mechanical or kinetic electricity. A speaker converts electricity into sound. Both electricity and sound have their wavelengths. The only difference between a wave in a wire and a wave in the air seems to be what the medium of propagation is.

I was told somebody wanted to hit some lows, with pair of Sundown X-12's in a big American SUV. So, I said, hey, we should do a series 6th order, since you have the space, and you really want to do some wind-tunnel like stuff. This box is tuned just about as low as I ever tune boxes; it should get pretty wild. Front-center wall portion is removable for sub access.

Here's the series 6th order- power should be 4-5kw total, from what I understand. Enclosure can fire any direction; it's designed to fire backwards, but it could easily be fired up as well:

Last edited:
I was told somebody want to hit some lows, with pair of Sundown X-12's in a big American SUV. So, I said, hey, we should do a series 6th order, since you have the space, and you really want to do some wind-tunnel like stuff. This box is tuned just about as low as I ever tune boxes; it should get pretty wild.

Here's the series 6th order- power should be 4-5kw total, from what I understand:

View attachment 31208

View attachment 31209

View attachment 31210

View attachment 31211

View attachment 31212

View attachment 31213

This is designed to slam the 25-35 hz region, or so. It should play down below 20 hz, maybe up to 50-60. We'll have to see how it does on different power levels. The box, in total, makes this act somewhat like a larger system. Sometimes there's some fine tuning with enclosure positioning, increasing power levels, etc, that can really boost systems like this over time. This box is designed somewhat to support higher-than-RMS power levels. So, we'll see how it goes. The X-12's already seem underrated. I really hope I get a video of this one.

This is designed to slam the 25-35 hz region, or so. It should play down below 20 hz, maybe up to 50-60. We'll have to see how it does on different power levels. The box, in total, makes this act somewhat like a larger system. Sometimes there's some fine tuning with enclosure positioning, increasing power levels, etc, that can really boost systems like this over time. This box is designed somewhat to support higher-than-RMS power levels. So, we'll see how it goes. The X-12's already seem underrated. I really hope I get a video of this one.

Aren't the X's more of a SQ sub? Wouldn't the ZV5's or ZV6's be a better sub for that box?

Aren't the X's more of a SQ sub? Wouldn't the ZV5's or ZV6's be a better sub for that box?

I would not call the X's an SQ sub. The X, Z, and NS, they are all a similar design style in how they're meant to play, IMO. They are all long throw and have big fatty high role surrounds. The X's are just the lowest power handling of the bunch. Any of the Sundown subs I just mentioned will work in that box, at least airspace wise. The Z is just a higher powered X; you can easily make that comparison. They act very similarly, just the Z is heavier duty, with the NS being a total monster.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...