Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

2 Digital Designs Redline 715's in a rear deck ported setup. It's going in a small 4 door car.

That is a very interesting box

Oh man it took me forever. I really hope it works well. The rear port is removable and changeable. The rear port runs through the back seat to trunk hole and then goes up through the rear deck. We're completely sealing the trunk off in this small car, so the box will only pressurize the cabin, not the trunk. The air flow on this box should be pretty good, and he can change the port length and area to basically get whatever performance he wants. He could even turn this box into a 6th order in the future, if he wanted to.

I've heard him called a chomo multiple times? Does he actually have allegations?

People on here throw it around like it's funny to call somebody that. If there was that much proof or if any girls would've come forward then he would be in jail. Now, let's let Buck get back to designing boxes. Enough of the bullshitt! Especially on this thread.

People on here throw it around like it's funny to call somebody that. If there was that much proof or if any girls would've come forward then he would be in jail. Now, let's let Buck get back to designing boxes. Enough of the bullshitt! Especially on this thread.

This thread is all about boxes and bass and subs and designing and doing ridiculous stuff with subwoofers.

What's with the "fin" in the middle of the port
Not knocking it, just curious

It's bracing. I wouldn't do a brace like that on too small of a port. Why I do that is just to keep the port walls stable and from flexing. The port walls can be hard to brace unlike the sub chamber. Ports have to be fairly exact to get the tuning right and not disturb the airflow in the port. So, doing a port brace like that works well, in some situations. The port opening into the environment is one of the weakest standing walls, because it's only attached on 3 sides. It's silly to me to run a box like that Orion 12's box with 5000 watts and not have any bracing on the port wall, when the rest of the box is beefy. At a certain level, I like to just double some walls up. But, that adds a ton of weight and usually bracing is more effective, from a wood-mass and cost level.

It's bracing. I wouldn't do a brace like that on too small of a port. Why I do that is just to keep the port walls stable and from flexing. The port walls can be hard to brace unlike the sub chamber. Ports have to be fairly exact to get the tuning right and not disturb the airflow in the port. So, doing a port brace like that works well, in some situations. The port opening into the environment is one of the weakest standing walls, because it's only attached on 3 sides. It's silly to me to run a box like that Orion 12's box with 5000 watts and not have any bracing on the port wall, when the rest of the box is beefy. At a certain level, I like to just double some walls up. But, that adds a ton of weight and usually bracing is more effective, from a wood-mass and cost level.

Have you ever used 1" or 1-½" round wooden dowels to brace port walls?

Got to do one of my dream boxes, just happened to happen.

8 Sundown SA-8 v2's in a Series 6th order blowthrough (complete cut-through) in a full size pickup truck. Aim is for cleans lows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...