Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

3 Deaf Bonce 15's in a SUV on roughly 5kw. This box took me a while, it was fun. Had to up-fire the port, just because of space reasons. This should be very loud. Aiming for good daily with a decent meter score, that's why the port is like it is.

View attachment 26113

View attachment 26114

View attachment 26116

View attachment 26115

Some build pics for this box! #3 Deaf Bonce 15's on an Orion 5k at .67 ohms IIRC @metalheadjoe

Box isn't cosmetically finished yet, I think there's just some testing going and breaking in of a new woofer.

Some build pics for this box! #3 Deaf Bonce 15's on an Orion 5k at .67 ohms IIRC @metalheadjoe

Box isn't cosmetically finished yet, I think there's just some testing going and breaking in of a new woofer.

View attachment 27053

View attachment 27054

View attachment 27055
Right on. Orion Hcca5000.1dv2 at 0.67 ohms. 320a Iraggi alternator, JY Power HP-40 battery.

I can't recommend Buck enough. This guy will take care of you. He doesn't request feedback, but he enjoys it, because he wants to know that you are satisfied with his design.

I can't speak to how he handles unsatisfied customers, because I was completely satisfied.

Maybe I overbuild things but at what point would you start thinking about three or more layers of baffle and doubling up the walls?

That's a very good question that I don't have a perfect answer for. There's certain power level and box size I look for. Really a certain power level per woofer. There's a certain distance down a wall that I have where I'll put a brace if that wall exceeds that distance. It depends on the overall structure and shape of the box.

I use bracing to direct airflow as well, and you really have to be careful not to put bracing in a part of the box that would work against airflow in the box. Things like this are part of my designs that you probably don't understand fully, without seeing the dimensions as well. I do certain calculations with my bracing to make sure the bracing doesn't restrict airflow within chamber itself. I would say somewhere around the 5000 watt mark is where I start wanting to do double layered everything. It depends on the size of the box though, and if the box is really long and skinny or more cube shaped, or if it's really flat and square. A 5000 watt 2 12's box, you don't need double, but you'd be totally justified in using double layers.

Like that 5 DC 15's wall I did, that box will have metal braces going in it as well as fiberglass resin layers on the inside. So I might've even done 3 walls of thickness on parts of that box, if the extra stuff wasn't going in there, and if I had way more space.

Rarely do most people need double layers on every side. The boxes I designed that are double layered that are both 2 15's boxes were both requested to be that way. They didn't necessarily need to be that way, but it makes building them simple, in a way, and the inside of the box is unobstructed. Doubling up all walls is easier to wrap your head around vs adding strategic bracing placed at very specific points.

Another point to add is MDF vs Birch vs Maple vs whatever. Most of the time it's MDF or Birch. You can get away with less bracing in some cases with Birch wood sheets simply because of the strength.

Using a 1 layer box with bracing almost always saved space over using a 2 layer box with no bracing, but only up to a certain point. With walls and bandpasses, like blowthroughs, sometimes it's almost impossible to do proper bracing with wood, because the subs have to be accessed from inside of the enclosure and the enclosures are so large. The subs and port wind up stuffed in there, usually, without much clearance to any near wall, very close, so there's not even a place to put a brace. So you have to add layers of wood and stuff like skinnier and easy to remove metal braces. If I built a lot of high powered boxes, I would invest in a quick and sturdy way to make variable length metal braces.

I design subwoofer boxes/enclosures. I'm branching out into home audio now as well. I may throw some of my favorite old designs on here, but it's mostly going to be new designs that I post, as I finalize them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I probably won't give you too many specifics. I only use Zelle at this point for payments, so if you have something to recommend me to use besides Paypal, Venmo, or Cashapp, let me know, and I'll see if I can accomodate it. I hope my fellow caraudio.com member enjoy these pics! Hit me up if you want a design, I take a lot of time making sure they're the best they can be, and I try my hardest to allow you to understand the entire process and what you're getting, and the consequences of doing your enclosure in different styles. I really do it for the love of it.

'm working on a website as well, it's taking a while.

This first one is one of my absolute favorites, it was for 2 Fi Team 18's on 8,000-10,000 watts. Tuned super low, it's a series 6th order wall. It was built, but not many pics or vids were taken of it. Owner said it did what he wanted it to do, really liked it. Series 6th orders can be tricky, especially with the tuning. Takes a lot of time to perfect my methods and each box like this. I don't send rushed designs out.

My email is: buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I can text or call you or vice versa to speed up information exchange between us. You can PM or email me, I prefer email.

I do sealed, ported, 4th order bandpasses, both series and parallel 6th orders, and consistent width t-lines (tapped as well). I'm working on my rear loaded horn formulas and some hybrid designs. Anyone that wants to be a guinea pig for testing, let me know! If you have issues with any box I design, let me know. I'd love to work it out somehow, mistakes and misunderstandings happen. I'm always trying to improve.

My website (work in progress): https://buckboxdesigns.com/

View attachment 25328

View attachment 25329

View attachment 25330

Ehh pulled most of the pics will share after it's worked on more.

Last edited:
6 Sundown Zv5 15's in a 4th Order wall, going in a mid size SUV. Tuned super low, amp is 16,000w. Removable front port and rear top wall. There may be some score chasing with this box, so the port needs to be modifiable. There will be steel braces going in the top ported chamber. Subs will be inverted.

6 Sundown Zv5 15's in a 4th Order wall, going in a mid size SUV. Tuned super low, amp is 16,000w. Removable front port and rear top wall. There may be some score chasing with this box, so the port needs to be modifiable. There will be steel braces going in the top ported chamber. Subs will be inverted.

View attachment 27127

View attachment 27128

View attachment 27129

View attachment 27130

View attachment 27131

View attachment 27132
Whew.. Thats going to get down right dirty and nasty man!

Whew.. Thats going to get down right dirty and nasty man!

The owner already had them in a 4th order wall designed by the dude who's boxes are on Sundown's site. I was shown the design. I think I may have gotten little more space to work with, but that thing is a wind tunnel. His previous box was more SPL'ish, like smaller sealed side and huge ported. The sealed side on my wall is quiet a bit larger to help those subs resonate with low notes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...