Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

DC Level 4 12 Series 6th order in a pickup. Be interesting to see how this one sounds.

View attachment 26167

View attachment 26168

View attachment 26169

View attachment 26170

Box build pics!!!

I got told the bandwidth of this box wound up being 23-65 hz. It's tuned decently low. The port sticking out is looks so crazy good haha

I can't believe I almost forgot a port wall. The port was 36" long and the box is 36" wide, so my brain did a little herp derp. I caught it, though. Rarely do I do that.

Anyways, 2 HCCA 12's ported in a trunk.

JL 13TW5v2-4 4th order. Hmm, shallow mount in a 4th order, why not. Trying to get a little more oomph out of the woofer.

View attachment 25556

View attachment 25557

View attachment 25558

View attachment 25559

This box did not work well with the JL shallow mount. The ported section for some reason made the sub rattle. Does anybody know why? In a sealed box, the sub didn't seem to rattle. I've never ran across this issue before. It would start rattling while free airing and just getting near the subwoofer mounting hole. I hate it when something unexpected like this happens. The sub does have a weird design since it's a shallow mount. Never thought the ported section would make the sub rattle, I've never seen anything like that before, and I've seen quite a bit. So this box did not work out well for this sub. Wish I would've had the knowledge, this is definitely a first for me, to have this happen.

This box did not work well with the JL shallow mount. The ported section for some reason made the sub rattle. Does anybody know why? In a sealed box, the sub didn't seem to rattle. I've never ran across this issue before. It would start rattling while free airing and just getting near the subwoofer mounting hole. I hate it when something unexpected like this happens. The sub does have a weird design since it's a shallow mount. Never thought the ported section would make the sub rattle, I've never seen anything like that before, and I've seen quite a bit. So this box did not work out well for this sub. Wish I would've had the knowledge, this is definitely a first for me, to have this happen.
I read in another forum a guy had the same rattling problem. Turned out to be defective and JL replaced it.

thanks for the link. The only puzzling piece is sub sounds fine in a ghetto sealed enclosure (can’t call it a box). Tomorrow I’m going to remove the top portion of the 4th order. Basically a sealed box with 4 long walls in front of it.
Your welcome. Good luck with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...