Southwest Region Broke my Windshield at the show today.

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT
WHEN you know how, everything is simple! As Einstein said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible,m but no simpler." Yes if I'd done DSP configuration before on a lot of different DSP units then to me it would seem simple as pie. But I have done NONE so I paid someone who HAD configured many and he did it FOR ME!
Know how to do nursing drug dosage calculations? I am an EXPERT at that because I use engineering dimensional analysis do to them!

Know much about Relativity? Me either, but I CAN explain what happens when you travel in a spaceship at 0.8 the speed of light and turn the spaceship's headlights on!!

John Kuthe...

Fuckit. I'll play along. What does happen to a spaceships headlights even though said space ship doesn't have headlights technically.

Figured I'd take my turn feeding the troll today.

WHEN you know how, everything is simple! As Einstein said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible,m but no simpler." Yes if I'd done DSP configuration before on a lot of different DSP units then to me it would seem simple as pie. But I have done NONE so I paid someone who HAD configured many and he did it FOR ME!
Know how to do nursing drug dosage calculations? I am an EXPERT at that because I use engineering dimensional analysis do to them!

Know much about Relativity? Me either, but I CAN explain what happens when you travel in a spaceship at 0.8 the speed of light and turn the spaceship's headlights on!!

John Kuthe...
what the fuck john

you have serious self esteem issues, you dont see me over here telling you im a badass and i know how to design enclosures because i understand aerodynamics for airfoils.

live your life telling yourself that no one's special, and then maybe you'll understand

Fuckit. I'll play along. What does happen to a spaceships headlights even though said space ship doesn't have headlights technically. Figured I'd take my turn feeding the troll today.
It's a thought experiment the way Einstein modeled Relativity.And in our thought experiment the spaceship has very powerful headlights.

So what do you think happens? Yep. the light moves at the speed of light away from the spaceship, Right? But the spaceship itself is moving at 0.8 times the speed of light, right?

But it's Relativity, so the speed of the headlight light is moving AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT (it's a constant, remember?) as measured either by the person IN the spaceship or a fixed observer measuring also the speed of the spaceship at 0.8 tenths the speed of light!

How is that possible? ;-)

John Kuthe...

So what we're basically comparing is quantum physics are on the same playing field as making sure Harold gets his heart pill and medicine so he doesn't get the screaming shits and flood his bed during the night. According to everything I've read with your posts John that seems about right......

So what we're basically comparing is quantum physics are on the same playing field as making sure Harold gets his heart pill and medicine so he doesn't get the screaming shits and flood his bed during the night. According to everything I've read with your posts seems about right......
Ya he compares himself to Einstein yet couldn't even turn his DSP on LOL thats some funny sheet !

What's even more amazing is that almost 2000 post of me me and me. Not a single one that was remotely helpful. While I'm still learning all I can I don't pretend to know everything. Now if I can throw out my .02 and help someone possibly that's awesome. But I'm man enough to also learn when I'm wrong and use that to better my knowledge so I can learn more.

What's even more amazing is that almost 2000 post of me me and me. Not a single one that was remotely helpful. While I'm still learning all I can I don't pretend to know everything. Now if I can throw out my .02 and help someone possibly that's awesome. But I'm man enough to also learn when I'm wrong and use that to better my knowledge so I can learn more.
i'm not even going to like to you this isn't a good place to learn. pretty much the whole forum is super WOT..

John Kuthe...
You could explain it ? maybe but you sure as phuck couldn't turn them on !

You could explain it ? maybe but you sure as phuck couldn't turn them on !
OK, it's the principle of time dilation and length contraction! What IS a speed? Like miles per hour, so a distance over a time. If the velocity of light is a fixed constant the time and or length must be changing, and they are!! The time and length change.

John Kuthe...

OK, it's the principle of time dilation and length contraction! What IS a speed? Like miles per hour, so a distance over a time. If the velocity of light is a fixed constant the time and or length must be changing, and they are!! The time and length change.

WTF are you talking about ?

I just today gained access to one of the most powerful and effective tools ever! A BUNCH OF MONEY! Yep, that's right, my BIG inheritance, in 34 different stocks and investments. I instructed my financial advisor to sell off $150,000 worth to buy this house and do some other good work! No I am NOT gonna do all this work myself because now more than ever I can PAY experts to!
What have YOU done with YOUR money lately?

John Kuthe...
Money doesn't fix a stupid person.

It's a thought experiment the way Einstein modeled Relativity.And in our thought experiment the spaceship has very powerful headlights.
So what do you think happens? Yep. the light moves at the speed of light away from the spaceship, Right? But the spaceship itself is moving at 0.8 times the speed of light, right?

But it's Relativity, so the speed of the headlight light is moving AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT (it's a constant, remember?) as measured either by the person IN the spaceship or a fixed observer measuring also the speed of the spaceship at 0.8 tenths the speed of light!

How is that possible? ;-)

John Kuthe...
The light moves at 186,000 miles per second (assuming a full vaccum) and the spaceship is traveling at. .8 the speed of light, c , so the spaceship is traveling at 148,800 miles per second. So the person in the spaceship sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. The bystander will see the light travel at 186,000 miles per second and see a spaceship following the light at 148,800 miles per second. So the bystander and the spaceship will notice the light pull away from the ship at 37,200 miles per second but the bystander will the both the light move and the spaceship move while the spaceship only sees the light move since it has no point of reference. But assuming the human eye can see a candle at 30 miles unaided i would assume that light at 3000 miles in space would be beyond the comprehendable distance so your brain would have .1 seconds to notice the light change and by that time your reaction time for a visual is .25 seconds, you would notice nothing unusual. That good 'nough for ya johnny boy?

The light moves at 186,000 miles per second (assuming a full vaccum) and the spaceship is traveling at. .8 the speed of light, c , so the spaceship is traveling at 148,800 miles per second. So the person in the spaceship sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. The bystander will see the light travel at 186,000 miles per second and see a spaceship following the light at 148,800 miles per second. So the bystander and the spaceship will notice the light pull away from the ship at 37,200 miles per second but the bystander will the both the light move and the spaceship move while the spaceship only sees the light move since it has no point of reference. But assuming the human eye can see a candle at 30 miles unaided i would assume that light at 3000 miles in space would be beyond the comprehendable distance so your brain would have .1 seconds to notice the light change and by that time your reaction time for a visual is .25 seconds, you would notice nothing unusual. That good 'nough for ya johnny boy?
False! Here "sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. " The speed of light is constant, independent of the frame of reference of the observer! That's what Relativity means!

c = 3x10^10 cm/sec, etc.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffdachef

5,000+ posts
Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Jeffdachef
South Coast Metro, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date