Southwest Region Broke my Windshield at the show today.

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT
FKING AMAZING SOUNDING SUBS HOLY FK Soundqubed aint sh*t lmaoo.. but yeah 3 hours of demo, coils are ice cold. Bandwidth can play whatever music genre or source i want. However i did lose the ability to play anything under 22hz and under with authority (actually flat out dead by 20hz) but I honestly couldnt give a FK its flat as hell 24hz to 60hz and rolls off to 85hz smoothly had the worst time determining my peaks since there was a 26, 34 and 39 and 49hz peaks that were barely a few tenths away from eachother.

wood not helping lol dont wanna do stripper pole yet still want to stay in super street 3-4 when i do compete. Not extreme... might just do 1 inch thick plexiglass welded instead.
what made you go with the AA woofers?

I liked them when they first came out they where good woofers.

you didn't give the SQs a chance. lol j/k

What RPM range were you at when hitting @13v?Seems like you should be at 1750-2k? Alt struggling on you?A bad batt in the bunch?
that was cold start when the alt was charging at 800 rpm. My alt doesnt charge on idle which is 600 rpm after it warms up due to my ECU so i have to rev during demos. It starts charging to 14.0 at 800 rpms and makes full power at 2000rpm. So the test was at a cold start. which i tried out the day before with a 40hz test tone and checked the rear voltage reading.

My engine bay cannot fit ANY other alts. ZERO space nada. its already hard enough to get to the alt to begin with and no, removing the ac doesnt give any room. its a v6 sienna with a tiny engine compartment. Stuck with a 320 amp singer.

I actually do have a bad battery i need to find as well. only 6 g31 agms and one group 34 in front. Definitely not able to sustain anywhere close to a third of the potential these amps got in them.

what made you go with the AA woofers?I liked them when they first came out they where good woofers.

you didn't give the SQs a chance. lol j/k
local guy selling 4 18s for dirt cheap never been mounted or put power in, he had it in the closet for the longest time in a build that never happened. so these are the earlier versions. I buy EVERY piece of my gear "used" nothing i buy is new I refuse to eat that giant price depreciation you get with buying new.

local guy selling 4 18s for dirt cheap never been mounted or put power in, he had it in the closet for the longest time in a build that never happened. so these are the earlier versions. I buy EVERY piece of my gear "used" nothing i buy is new I refuse to eat that giant price depreciation you get with buying new.
Lol. My man. Same.

that was cold start when the alt was charging at 800 rpm. My alt doesnt charge on idle which is 600 rpm due to my ECU so i have to rev during demos starts charging to 14.0 at 800 rpms and makes full power at 2000rpm. So the test was at a cold start. which i tried out the day before with a 40hz test tone and checked the rear voltage reading.

My engine bay cannot fit ANY other alts. ZERO space nada. its already hard enough to get to the alt to begin with and no, removing the ac doesnt give any room. its a v6 sienna with a tiny engine compartment. Stuck with a 320 amp singer.

I actually do have a bad battery i need to find as well. only 6 g31 agms and one group 34 in front. Definitely not able to sustain anywhere close to a third of the potential these amps got in them.
If you dont find that bad batt..you may end up ruining the rest of them like I did mine and in the process damaging my 255 amp alt(that was an expensive lesson to learn thanks to those chitty shelf ridden Red Tops)Id take each one out or remove each buss and let them sit for at least two days and check with volt, and you should be able to find your culprit.Thats the only way I actually found mine without pulling them.A swell on bottom side not in view

Well Deff a nice run man.I hope to at least hit a 150 my first time to meter..Thats all Id like at the least.Ive never metered except those ones that go into ERROR @140..cheapies

i'm not knocking ya. i know those woofers are no joke! tat low volumes are they fairly musical?

i'm not knocking ya. i know those woofers are no joke! tat low volumes are they fairly musical?
refer to post #10

yes they are extremely musical in this 2:1 6th order. Metal, rap, classic, top 40s, jazz, blues, keeps up with every beat, no delay or lag, no muddiness, no big peaks, very flat.

btw @ferguson621 my wall is only two layers of ply and some bracing, no flex. Overall enclosure design trumps over trying to overbuild on the box strength. Sometimes you just have to pay for a good design which i gave in and did and it worked out amazing.

I would also like to add my stubborn @ss friend with the alphard 6th order wall finally did fiberglass and sealed up the wall from the rear and had massive spl and SQ gains from his bass. Bandwidth just jumped massively from 29-38hz to 25 to 55hz and gained 3 db just from sealing off. OH I FORGOT TO MENTION he gained 3 db after sealing off using a sundown NS-1 vs two alphard 12ks. so yeaaah BIIIIG fking difference He really didnt understand the importance of making a proper seal and what it can do for your score. you basically cant have any sliver of air going backwards towards the rear at all.

I would also like to say that his build was overly emphasized on strength with a steel cage and everything but at first was a complete and total flop due to his hard headedness and lack of any attempt at sealing the wall up along with bad specs from Alphard. Box strength only does soo much, you get massive diminishing returns after a certain point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jeffdachef']btw @ferguson621 my wall is only two layers of ply and some bracing, no flex. Overall enclosure design trumps over trying to overbuild on the box strength. Sometimes you just have to pay for a good design which i gave in and did and it worked out amazing.[/QUOTE]

Kmsl. No way I'm right. It's not possible.
Anyways I'm glad your breaking **** now.
What's your official score?

Kmsl. No way I'm right. It's not possible. Anyways I'm glad your breaking **** now.

What's your official score?
none, show was 7 to 5pm i had to leave at 12 to go on a cruise to party with some b*tches so i couldnt compete. They always take forever, didnt even finish beginning runs when i left. I'll compete when i finish my JY power team application forms and replace all my agms with lithiums.

I wouldnt be surprised if you are close to 160. Buddy of mine, Ray Maestas, is doing 161 on 4 teams in a 6th on 2 flatline 11.5ks.

That 154 had to be extremely conservative lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffdachef

5,000+ posts
Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Jeffdachef
South Coast Metro, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date