Box that Rocks rebuild

Participant count
  • Participant list
Unless nostalgia is super important to you Op... Id start over.
Those things had what? 4 3" ports? I'd bet you'd be better off sticking to entry level subs and lower power.
Even a pair of 500w 14mm xmax subs will quickly surpass the enclosures limits and be WAY into compression and probably with port noise (Just a guess).
Old school gear, especially enclosures designed for the same stuff will not be compatible with any modern stuff unless its basically the entry stuff.

Maybe a pair of Id-12?

Unless nostalgia is super important to you Op... Id start over.
Those things had what? 4 3" ports? I'd bet you'd be better off sticking to entry level subs and lower power.
Even a pair of 500w 14mm xmax subs will quickly surpass the enclosures limits and be WAY into compression and probably with port noise (Just a guess).
Old school gear, especially enclosures designed for the same stuff will not be compatible with any modern stuff unless its basically the entry stuff.

Maybe a pair of Id-12?
So what your saying is I should build a new box because this one for lack of a better term is complete trash. Do you have any advice on box building or should I just buy one

Do you have any advice on box building or should I just buy one
Its going to be about your goals and trying to meet your expectations.
Maybe a 500w system will suffice in your instance, but you've not stated any desired results.
A pair of $100 dollar subs and $200 amp can do pretty well, add $50 for materials and diy your own. Just list what equipment your planning to run once you decide and ask for guidance... Im sure someone will help.

Its going to be about your goals and trying to meet your expectations.
Maybe a 500w system will suffice in your instance, but you've not stated any desired results.
A pair of $100 dollar subs and $200 amp can do pretty well, add $50 for materials and diy your own. Just list what equipment your planning to run once you decide and ask for guidance... Im sure someone will help.
So I've done some thinking and came up with the idea of getting the American Bass XR 12 D2 but the amp that I have is way too small. I noticed that the amps that they sell aren't very expensive, are they any good? I would only get one sub and free up my trunk space. I listen to a lot of metal but occasionally play some rap if I'm cruising around with my friends. Would this sub work or is there something that would be in the same range that is better

Idk really... I'd watch out running any entry or nano gear.

That amp looks like a 800 watter on a good day to me.

Ask the other members what delivers power for $200 bux..

Sorry...I don't recommend or play salesman

I WILL stop a fail tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.