Box for Planet Audio Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoominFC

Im getting a planet audio FU sub and im needing to build a box for it....Ive built a few different boxes based on manufacturers dimensions, so i know the basics of box building, carpeting, etc. But I cant find any recomended dimensions for these subs and im needing some suggestions on how big to build the box, or tips on how to figure out how big the box should be, what to tune it to, etc based on the subwoofers specifications. any help from you guys would be great.

Im looking for SPL, and the box is prob going to be ported....but depending on the space needed i might go sealed, either way im looking for the most decibels available.

Sub Specs:

Planet Audio FU12

Max Power: 2400W

RMS: 1200w

Freq Response: 15hz-500hz

Efficiency: 83dbs

Impedence: Dual 2ohms

Magnet: 150oz

Mounting Depth: 5-11/16"

any info from you guys would be great! or if maybe you can point me in the right direction as for a website that will fill me in on some info on how to do this myself in the future...not necessarily building the box, but tuning it, deciding dimensions, etc.

-Tommy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.