box flexing

Participant count
  • Participant list

chinxtaboi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tx
i can feel the top of my box flexing... if i brace it.. will i notice a difference in sound??????

is it worth the effort to brace my box????

thank you for any input

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

when you port a box the volume will be decreased by thr volume of the brace and any other dissplacement that may occur ie terminals if you have big chunky 1's sub and brace if you have 1the volume of the brace is not usualy all that great but can be a conciderable diffeence if the box is fairly small a bigger box not so much ported i am un sure ask bbm, rangerman, alaxan they know more about ported than me:D

Sometimes flexing can help. Most of the time it's a henderence though. Does the flexing make any noise ? Most of the time flexing enclosures lowers your SPL. If you have enough internall volume in your enclosure to allow for the bracing I would. If you don't I woouldn't worry about it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well its 2 12" kicker compvrs ina 6 cu ft. box with one chamber and 4X6 and 7 in deep vent in the middle.

im thinking of bracing it, but if it wont improve performance. i wont bother.

should i brace or not?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Originally posted by chinxtaboi well its 2 12" kicker compvrs ina 6 cu ft. box with one chamber and 4X6 and 7 in deep vent in the middle.

im thinking of bracing it, but if it wont improve performance. i wont bother.

should i brace or not?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Brace it, but don't go out of the way too. If money is an issue, then I would not worry about it. If not, go for it...you might get a bit more sound from it.

If you are happy witht he sound as it is.... and have to tear apart the enclosure to put a brace in.....I would say leave it as is. Yes it can be a hinderance, but at the same time it does nto seem it is affecting your listening preference and style. It may or may not even trully be flexing, but because of the impact of the air being moved around could be a sort of optical illusion. The reason I would suggest not tearing open the box to add in a brace tho is because you will be breaking a well created seal already..... and could be in for a good bit more work than you plan on.

iight thanks ... i guess i wont go through the hassle... everything sounds right

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.