Box design for American bass XR-12D2

Participant count
  • Participant list

BEEFKING69

Florida
Vehicle : 95 F150 Ext cab

Location in the vehicle: Back seat or can set between front seats

Space available (Length x Width x Height): Back seat i have atleast 20W 63L 30+H....Between the seats i have 18W 44L and plenty H

Subwoofer make and model: American Bass XR-12D2

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Aero maybe?

What type of music do you like?: Just about all types....Just depends on mood and whos with me

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz):35 maybe?

Volume :???

Questions:

Questions:

IDK why you'd try to put a 12" on the rear seat... console area I get... is the underseat area flat?.. is there a possibility you'd raise the rear seat a bit?.. someone else just did one with 2 SA-10's that turned out well... idk... just spitballing here

Nothing wrong with a single 12 on the seat, just make sure its secured down so it doesn't become a missile in the event of an accident.

AB subs typically like larger boxes for their respective sizes. There isn't any tsp info so unless it came with some then you will be pretty much guessing in the dark.

IDK why you'd try to put a 12" on the rear seat... console area I get... is the underseat area flat?.. is there a possibility you'd raise the rear seat a bit?.. someone else just did one with 2 SA-10's that turned out well... idk... just spitballing here
Ive got two back there atm cause thats the only place to put them. Back seat folds down against the floor but creates a non flat surface. I have toyed with the idea of taking the seat out and making a box from side to side and let it be the seat or just using the whole area back there as a box/amp rack. But id rather have a nice sleek console box built but right now i just want a good box for the sub. Also wanted to let you know that a buddy ofmine built that dual 12 box you posted for me a couple of weeks ago and loves it and wanted me to tell you thx.

Nothing wrong with a single 12 on the seat, just make sure its secured down so it doesn't become a missile in the event of an accident.

AB subs typically like larger boxes for their respective sizes. There isn't any tsp info so unless it came with some then you will be pretty much guessing in the dark.
Yeah i was hoping someone with these subs or maybe the XFLs may be able to give a good recomended size box and tuning frequency. Edit these specs supossedly came straight from AB

Fo - 39.881hz Sd - 51.071k BL - 14.305 QMS - 3.532 QES - 0.748 QTS - 0.617 No - 0.143% SPLo - 83.6dB Vas - 17.381 Ltr Cms - 46.929u M/N Krm - 22.229 mOhm Erm - 0.668 Mms - 339.365q Mmd - 332.728 g Kxm - 139.808m H Exm - 0.447 Box we recommend is 32"Lx15"Hx18"D Port 3"Wx13"Hx14"D Outer measurements. That's for 2, use 1" MDF. Can some one take these numbers and figure out a box for one? Could 3/4 be used instead of 1 inch? Most of the videos ive seen are using round port/aero

In my truck. My box sits in the middle of the back seat , but runs down between the front and rear seats and fires under the back seat
I think ive seen what your talking about in some other build pics and if its what im thinking ive thought about that type also.

Parameters... ok... you're in business... just list the amp/loading, configuration and tune (they never know what they want) and I'll help tomorrow if you still need me to...

If its between the front seats console style... what's the optimum height you'd like?

Ive got two back there atm cause thats the only place to put them. Back seat folds down against the floor but creates a non flat surface. I have toyed with the idea of taking the seat out and making a box from side to side and let it be the seat or just using the whole area back there as a box/amp rack. But id rather have a nice sleek console box built but right now i just want a good box for the sub. Also wanted to let you know that a buddy ofmine built that dual 12 box you posted for me a couple of weeks ago and loves it and wanted me to tell you thx.

Yeah i was hoping someone with these subs or maybe the XFLs may be able to give a good recomended size box and tuning frequency. Edit these specs supossedly came straight from AB

Fo - 39.881hz Sd - 51.071k BL - 14.305 QMS - 3.532 QES - 0.748 QTS - 0.617 No - 0.143% SPLo - 83.6dB Vas - 17.381 Ltr Cms - 46.929u M/N Krm - 22.229 mOhm Erm - 0.668 Mms - 339.365q Mmd - 332.728 g Kxm - 139.808m H Exm - 0.447 Box we recommend is 32"Lx15"Hx18"D Port 3"Wx13"Hx14"D Outer measurements. That's for 2, use 1" MDF. Can some one take these numbers and figure out a box for one? Could 3/4 be used instead of 1 inch? Most of the videos ive seen are using round port/aero

I think ive seen what your talking about in some other build pics and if its what im thinking ive thought about that type also.
This is mine

It appears that people say those box specs are to small but i guess we will just have to see what type of box those specs come out to....On power im trying to get my hands on a 1200-1700 watt amp at 1ohm....Seems to be what most are running power wise with 1400 to 1700 being the majority ive seen so far....Port tuning most seem to be running 30-35hz with more aero/round ports than slot ports.....Im seeing any where from 5 and up for pairs and even one with up to 5 for a single but thats freaking massive.

Edit.....Thats similar to what ive seen although alot bigger

Edit #2 ....Looks like anywhere from 3.5-6+cf for pairs and have seen a few with good results in 1cf each sealed boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't seem to get the parameters to work right... IDK... it's a big peaky box with a ton of port area and length... 33hz tune that looks like it goes LOW... I don't trust things I don't like... it looks allright but seems too good to be true if you know what I mean... anyways would you like to see what I came up with?.. no predictions or guarantees tho... sorry, I tried

I wouldn't use their recommended size, it's a peaky high tune. A good starting point is 2-2.25cf tuned to 33hz. What amp are you planning on using?

I wouldn't use their recommended size, it's a peaky high tune. A good starting point is 2-2.25cf tuned to 33hz. What amp are you planning on using?
Can you check this?... lotta port area... it's for 1.5k plus before rise... lol... I'm on the fence about this one...

QNUqXY.jpg

Hifonics Brutus BRX1116.1D @ 1ohm for now till i can get another sub if i decide i want more. And Shredder I reckon see what we can come with in the 2-2.25 range at 30-35 like Kush was suggesting. And for ports which is better slot or aero? Does it even matter? Just curios. Aero ports look **** especially dual ports except the ones that stick out the box....whats the point of them sticking out? Is that second box 2.75cf? I dont know if im reading the stats right or not.....Thats all alien to me lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...