Box Design for American Bass HD15 on 2- Audiopipe APMi2000's

Participant count
  • Participant list
Any ideas?
you need to specify goals for the setup. like stupid lows? or daily music or max spl or max SQ and bandwidth. Music genres help too.

For example this box is for a typical rap/hip hop/trap/dubstep music listener that likes big long basslines. However i would not recommend this box for rock/metal/pop because this box will be sloppy with quicker bass hits.

frequency response of each flatter lets you play more evenly, peaks mean bigger emphasis in certain ranges.

potential SPL performance without accounting in cabin gain. You definitely want to account for your car's resonant frequency which can easily make any of these boxes overly peaky.

This is the musical accuracy aka group delay, lower is better.

I did make a box for that sub but I need more trunk space now. There is a lot of space not being utilized by not going to the backseat contour. I did a quick box build ap and it’s showing me to build the attached photos. My question is would anything frequency wise change if the port opening is moved to the flat side because I don’t want a port shooting towards the backseat but rather towards the rear end of the car and the sub mounted there as well?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.