Box built, do i need more?

devonlada
10+ year member

concord
I just built my box exactly to kicker specifications for the L5 12". its made of MDF and i used the right screws, predrilled the holes, etc. I was wondering though, some places, even crutchfield, say that carpeting your box is pretty much a basic required step. 1) i dont have carpet 2) im lazy as hell.

Is there something that must go around the opening to ensure maximum sealment between the box and the sub? the L5 has a nice rubber perimeter.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Carpeting is not necessary bro. Its just for appearance. Some people carpet it, paint it, etc...and some people leave it plain. It doesnt help seal your sub any. It will be sealed to the box fine with the normal screws you would use.

If the rubber gasket on the sub is pretty thick you should be ok. If it leaks however, open cell foam weather stripping works or I like to use weather strip putty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.