box building help for subs

riddla
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
nf
yo dudes, wats up,

my box dimensions are 34 Long x 16.5 W x 16 D...

I built this box off my head a long time ago & wana use it for 2 x 12in vibe subs rated at 350w rms & 700w peak power.

on the specs tho, it said use a box of 1.5cubic ft but what i wana know is how much would this box size be..

its got split chambers & i wana port it as well for the sub in each chamber..

fs in hz in 32

QTS=0.51

VAS in cubic ft=3.34

VAS in litres=84.50

Xmax in inches=0.29

Xmax in mm=7.5

max power in watts=700

QMS=4.86

Zmax=34.15

Fo in hz=32

magnet weight=50

recommended sealed enclosure = 1.5 cubic feet

This is the spec of the subwoofer & its calle vibe pt120 series..

Ive seen loads of these boxes ported from the manufacturer but i would like to know if the box ive made is suitable & how big & long sholud i make the port?

Any help would be graceful as this is doing my head in

Can someone please help with the mesearuments as im not to good at this sort of thing.

Ive built a box measuring

L =33.5in

H= 14in

W=13.5in

Ive used a divider in the middle & have place a 4in port of 11.5in into the box.

Ive tested the box after sealing it & it sounds wicked but i know i can make the box sound deeper.

How can i do this as there is no more space for me to increase the port length?

wat about a 90 degree angle in the box to increase the length, would that be ok.

Also wat frequency do u think my box is tuned to?

It sounds very good considering i just put it all together of my head

HELP PLEASE, CHEERS

thanks for the reply mate, the tuning frequency u mentioned i would say is wat my box sounds like.

dont get me wrong, the bass is deep but wat about making it sound deeper?

can i use a longer port with a 90 degree angle?

i want to get in the the region of say 25 to 35hz?

oh yer, there is a port in each division, 1 4in at 11.5in long as my box is 13in deep so i couldnt go any longer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.