Box builders or someone who sells designs?

Well - as I expected, not even close. I bought some bean bag filler styrofoam (what a mess) and filled the box this afternoon. Then dumped everything out that didn't static cling to the inside into a box 2'x2'x'2'. And it filled it a whopping 5". So basically 1.7ft^3. Now granted, I didn't pull carpet, nor lift the seats, and I probably could have done a little more work to stuff another inch or two under the seats, but I just don't know about getting the 3ft^3 that I would need without a TON of work. 

So....just how bad do you think one of those fox boxes would sound? Either a single or a double? I mean if they've already done the leg work to get the airspace maximized for the space, why shouldn't I save myself the headache and buy one? Sure the port may not be perfect for what I've got, but how bad is that really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've bought an older vehicle lol

Jokingly aside, those big plastic tubs are for the sub displacement area, magnet/basket space. I don't think it counts as the cu ft for the actual enclosure itself. When my friend did the same thing, he took the measurements of the enclosure, and also used some packing peanuts to determine the actual internal volume after crunching some numbers.

Initially I didn't want this truck. I wanted a mega cab so I could build something behind the rear seats. But it didn't work out that way. So now I'm trying to make the best of it. 

I'm thinking seriously about just buying one of the fox boxes and modifying it to fit the 8" sub or subs. They claim 1.55ft^3 each side on the dual or 1.8ft^3 on the single. Port area and what not may be perfect, but hell, I don't have to build it, and it is bound to be a load better than the 150 watt alpine factory sub. I mean realistically I'm not looking to compete, just trying jam while I'm on the road 6 hours at a time. 

Called and spoke with a guy at Fox today. Relatively friendly. He was on the road and told me to call back tomorrow if I wanted exact numbers but he believes the port area is 14in^2 and length 28". So that happens to be just barely short on area as the spec calls for 14.45, but the length is 9" too long. So I did some searching and seems that a shorter port will react better? But a longer port isn't necessarily a terrible thing. Any thoughts on that? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.