Box and tuning advice for a 10" American Bass XR 10d2

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charlesuh60m

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am buying an American bass xr 10d2 and have an amp that will run 1000 watts cea rms to it. I have a Subaru crosstrek (small suv) and wanted advice on a box build and tuning for my new sub. I listen primarily to metal if that helps as well. I couldn't find anything out there but it's similar to the skar evl which recommended a 2 cu ft box. I was thinking about building something similar and tuned to 35hz but wanted to see what you guys thought. I greatly appreciate your time and advice!

Couldn't find anything out there with what?

If you are talking about woofer specs

1.25-1.5cu is all you need.

What amplifier do you have? Is it 1ohm stable or 2ohm. Reason I ask is because you stated "cea" and most amplifiers that state cea rated is only 2ohm minimum impedance in which case you'll want a d4.

For box I would recommend sub up, slot port to back on passenger side. Or aero port out passenger side. 35hz is kind of low for metal, but it will be fine. I'd shoot for 40+ but I am still kind of new to box building. I am actually installing a 10" AB titan in a car tonight that i just built the box for. Interested to hear how the titan sounds, never seen them and cheap for $115. I like the XRs wiring terminals though.

What amplifier do you have? Is it 1ohm stable or 2ohm. Reason I ask is because you stated "cea" and most amplifiers that state cea rated is only 2ohm minimum impedance in which case you'll want a d4.

For box I would recommend sub up, slot port to back on passenger side. Or aero port out passenger side. 35hz is kind of low for metal, but it will be fine. I'd shoot for 40+ but I am still kind of new to box building. I am actually installing a 10" AB titan in a car tonight that i just built the box for. Interested to hear how the titan sounds, never seen them and cheap for $115. I like the XRs wiring terminals though.
Please sure your thoughts on the Titan once installed. I just recently came across this sub and was curious

Hi and thank you for the help. I'm getting the 2 ohm version and though American bass says 1.5, I keep hearing that the sub actually doesn't do well in that small of a box. Do you think 38hz would be better? Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.