Bose car front speaker substitution?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Icepick

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greetings All,

Is there a "drop-in replacement" for a Bose (+/- 4''') speaker that exists?......I am told that since it is Bose that I can't use anything else but Bose which doesn't make sense......

It seems to me that the amp, located at speaker area, should work just like anything else.....The speaker is located in the front door panel of a 1988 vette coup....Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• front ds 05-18-2k20 a.jpg
    front ds 05-18-2k20 a.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 165
  • front ds 05-18-2k20 b.jpg
    front ds 05-18-2k20 b.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 153
Doesnt make sense. But idk. I have factory bose. I just replaced front doors with prv and ran new wires from aftermarket amp to them. Best way imo. Better options and more power than the stock amp which is junk.

It seems likely that if you find out the ohm of your current speakers, you can find replacements with the same ohm. I like the idea of sounds_explicit, to run speakers from an aftermarket amp. My wife has a Bose system in her Cadillac SUV, and it ls a disappointment. If it was my daily driver, I would install an amp, and run all the speakers through it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.