BMW e36 Show car install!!!

M3wannabe

London
Ok guys,

I need a little help with this install, I think I need a split charging system with a second battery due to the ammount of gear wired up! however I am seeking guidance from fellow installers!

Overveiw of the system is

2 x 12" 400RMS subs

1 x Single channel 1000RMS D Class AMP

2 X 5-1/4 Component sets

1 x 4 Channel 400RMs amp

2 x 1.5 Farad powercaps with bridge link.

Also 10 7" LCD screens!

Now I know the standard car battery is clearly not going to be enough, I have never installed a split charging system I found a really good kit at

http://www.autoleads.co.uk/power_split.html

And since it is a show car I am getting these guys to sponsor us, provide any dist blocks etc

I am trying to figure out how best to set this up, i.e wiring up the powercaps, dist blocks? battery and amps?

All help very appreciated

Cheers

I had no electrical system problems with my stock alt and a red top optima in my E36. Which had 2 1kwatt class d's and a 800watt a/b amp. Televisions and x-box all going. No capacitors for me either.

Thanks for the input guys, however if I want to connect it up so that we can play the system at shows without the car running!. What kind of setup do you reccomend?

Thanks again

not sure i have a solution but i was woundering where the hell have u put 10 lcd screens 4 or 6 i can understand but isnt 10 a bit overkill, will have to show us picks when u done man.

deep cycle yellow top optima's would be your battery of choice. At least two, if not more depending on how long it was kept running. Also... a cheaper solution would be to set up a system to hide a battery charger(you can run the car while using some chargers, without having to run the engine). Then it will run off of a regular wall outlett not the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.