Blown midbass, time for an upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
It's been a while since I've been on here, but I did use the search feature trying to find some answers. I had two Crescendo 8" PWXs in my front stage for mid-bass. After a couple years of use I finally blew one of em. Since I'm upgrading my subs I figured it's time to upgrade these as well. Basically, is going from the PWX to the UN a considerable upgrade in and of itself, or should I be looking at going to a 10" UN? Or perhaps I should try a PRV? I have PRV for my mid-range and they are great, but I don't know about their mid-bass line. The 8" MB450s look pretty good, but so do the 10" MB400/800. Or is there something else which isn't going to break the bank which would suit me better? Keep in mind I like loud, but I also like it to sound good. And yes, doors have all the treatments with a custom pod which I can rebuild for 10" if need be.

Thanks in advance.

I went from 10" PWXs to UNs. UNs are much much louder but not nearly as much midbass. If you are looking for just a midbass woofer I would stick with the PWXs or go to a Silver flute, SB acoustics, or Dayton midbass woofer.

I'm definitely wanting to keep the midbass, but I also need to get louder to keep up with the new subs. Went from 2 15" American Bass XFL to 2 18" Fi BTL-3s. I know it won't be that much louder, but these were barely able to keep up with the 15s. Are there certain models you might recommend on those brands? I'm just not familiar with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...