Biden/Harris. Winners only.

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
‘On Oct. 1, the average household will pay almost £300 a month for power, the BoE warned. Couple surging power costs with negative real wage growth, and it becomes apparent households are being squeezed. This excludes soaring prices for shelter, food, and petrol at the pump -- this trend is unsustainable and could result in social instabilities.’

8935E03D-8BD8-4452-9682-8E9C4FA5CF11.gif

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
That's right, I wasn't in. I also wasn't looking for "points".
Then why did you keep mentioning your family members' service as if it's a credential? Why ask about receptionist rob's first-hand experience in the service when you don't have any yourself? Was your goal to establish that you and receptionist rob are equally knowledgeable and qualified to speak on the topic?

You don't have to serve to opine on military matters, but I don't understand why you bothered mentioning others' military service if not to try to elevate yourself.

Sorry to single you out. It irks me when I hear others touting their family member's or their friend's service to try to sound more credible.

Jimi77

Sep 17, 2017
‘Beijing's largest-ever exercises around Taiwan have offered key clues into its plans for a gruelling blockade in the event of a war to take the self-ruled island, and revealed an increasingly emboldened Chinese military, experts told AFP.’

You’re just too quick to criticize without following along. Another nothing burger of criticism.
LOL. My mother is Taiwanese, I've been following this for decades and dear old Mom filled me in the back story. As I said they've been rattling swords for decades and will continue to for decades to come. Just two bullies on the block trying to prove who has the bigger dick.

Jimi77

Sep 17, 2017
Last edited:

spokey9

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 10, 2022
Homophobic comments too. Let's not forget Pence was raked over the coals for previously being anti-gay marriage, while all has been forgiven with Joe.
Just to be clear I'm not trying to defend anybody...I'd just like to see the same standard applied evenly...if we could do only that, I think the U.S. would be far less divided and it could be a starting point for both sides to work together again...

• Thanks
Reactions: metalheadjoe

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
Just to be clear I'm not trying to defend anybody...I'd just like to see the same standard applied evenly...if we could do only that, I think the U.S. would be far less divided and it could be a starting point for both sides to work together again...
Your head is in the right place, but I don't think it would help us to have a single standard. For example: the goal used to be racial equality. As soon as we met that goal, people started talking about affirmative action, next came talk of reparations. There are people who will not be content until the government makes them one-percenters.

Jimi77

Sep 17, 2017
I agree 110%. Imagine a world where Pence and Biden were held to the same standards.

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
I agree 110%. Imagine a world where Pence and Biden were held to the same standards.
Go on... what would you like to see enforced that would affect both Biden and Pence?

Jimi77

Sep 17, 2017
Go on... what would you like to see enforced that would affect both Biden and Pence?
Not enforced. I'd like to see people hold them to the same standard. Some people were calling Pence the worse thing to happen to the LGBTQXYZ movement since Matthew Sheppard. OTOH, Joe Biden enjoys great popularity with the liberals despite also voting against ghey marriage. And you can say the opposite as well. Pence was selected as VP in part to satisfy cultural conservatives, but these same folks are no fan of Biden. Both politicians have since moderated their stances on gay rights since first voting against gay marriage, with Pence actually stepping up as Governor to defend gay rights.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
‘As we secure the border, another key priority for the next Congress and the next President will be to drain the swamp once and for all to remove rogue bureaucrats and root out the deep state. Congress should pass groundbreaking reform empowering the president to ensure that any federal employee who is corrupt, incompetent, or unnecessary for the job can be told, “You’re fired.” You ever heard that? You’re fired.‘

Trumps says this yet is awful at his own selections that railroaded his presidency.
Trump would be the first one to go. He stood by as people wanted to hang his VP.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Then why did you keep mentioning your family members' service as if it's a credential? Why ask about receptionist rob's first-hand experience in the service when you don't have any yourself? Was your goal to establish that you and receptionist rob are equally knowledgeable and qualified to speak on the topic?

You don't have to serve to opine on military matters, but I don't understand why you bothered mentioning others' military service if not to try to elevate yourself.

Sorry to single you out. It irks me when I hear others touting their family member's or their friend's service to try to sound more credible.
It was relevant to the conversation he and I were having. If it "irks" you to hear about other people talking about their military or ex-military family members then perhaps that is your issue and not theirs. Many people come from military families. Myself included. He was speaking on the government "screwing over" military and ex-military people. I let him know that none of my military relatives have said they feel screwed over and that most of the first responders to the 9/11 attack including military personnel that cared to talk about their benefits expressed mostly that they were happy with them. I also don't see how mentioning someone else military service would elevate me in some way.

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
It was relevant to the conversation he and I were having. If it "irks" you to hear about other people talking about their military or ex-military family members then perhaps that is your issue and not theirs. Many people come from military families. Myself included. He was speaking on the government "screwing over" military and ex-military people. I let him know that none of my military relatives have said they feel screwed over and that most of the first responders to the 9/11 attack including military personnel that cared to talk about their benefits expressed mostly that they were happy with them. I also don't see how mentioning someone else military service would elevate me in some way.
What I said is that it irks me when people use others' service to accredit themself. Why did you put "irks" in quotation marks?

Having family members in the service doesn't mean you understand what it's like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.