Biden/Harris. Winners only.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 27, 2019
Actually I think I know where he is going with that link. It is showing that the CIA is doing something that they are not supposed to be doing. Just like in 2013 when they got caught doing it as well. Fact is they shouldn't be doing what they are doing to Americans in the US with those sort of programs. And tbh it bothers me but after having a former Flight Squad Member who worked for the NSA from the early '90s till the last time I talked to him in 2009 he said flat out there was stuff going with that sort of thing against US citizens that if ever it ever came to the public there would be hell to pay.

Reactions: SlugButter

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Not even close... not even a good try.

The context I spoke of was the state of the economy and the fact that COVID impacts the economy. In this case, negatively. I know, it's hard for you.
No one has ever said that COVID didn't impact the economy negatively. YOU said that the economy is not improving since Biden took office, and pointed to several datasets that are not the "economy" as your way to prove your claim. Try to stick to the argument instead of tossing red herrings, even though it's hard for you.

I never said Trump was elected to be a scapegoat... that is a tangent you went off on. I said pretty clearly for people who pay attention that Democrats are using Trump as a scapegoat as an excuse to do their jobs in the shitty ways they are doing them.
You said Trump IS a scapegoat. In order to be a scapegoat, he would have to be put in place to take the fall. He was ELECTED. To be a scapegoat, his election would have to be for the purpose of blaming him for what has happened. When you are already in the leadership role, being blamed for a failure that occurs under your watch is not "being a scapegoat".
This is REALLY basic stuff that you should understand if you want to be condescending when you argue about it.

Example: Inflation is up - Democrats response; It's because of the previous administration and we are trying to fix it. Trump,Trump, Trump... You know, placing BLAME on him.
Interesting, because it is actually the Republicans trying to place the blame on Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/politics/inflation-gop-fact-check/index.html

How do you interpret definitions different from everyone else?
I don't interpret them, I read the entire thing and consider that each word has meaning, not just the ones that support my argument. Am I incorrect about the "expedient" line? That line completes the definition and gives the full meaning of the word. Do you think it's wrong or unfair for a leader to take the blame for what happens under their watch?

How do you completely ignore everything in a post except those good old trigger words you focus on???
Many times, I have addressed your posts point by point, then you go off on a tangent and argue soemthing entirely different, while completely ignoring what I have said.
Are you going to provide your proofs that the economy did better under Trump than under Obama and (so far) under Biden? If you want to make the claim, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to back it up with proof.
Give it a shot.

Damn kid... damn.
[/QUOTE]
I hope they find a cure for you one day.

So because you don't get what I said, you tell me what I meant then when I say no and correct you, you try to use phrases like red herring to make it seem like I am the one confused. You failed.

Prove to me that gas prices aren't high right now.
Prove to me that the cost to buy a home isn't high right now.
Prove to me that the cost of food isn't high right now.
Prove to me there isn't supply chain issues right now.

How about when I give you a definition and tell you exactly how I am using it, you don't pick out a random word in the definition and tell me that is what it means. When I tell your slow brain exactly the way I mean it then that is the way you take it. Stop ignoring that just so you can argue literally over something you are making up.

I know this will be hard for you to swallow as well. I DON'T GIVE A PHUCK HOW THE ECONOMY WAS UNDER TRUMP. HE ISN'T THE GOD DAMN PRESIDENT. YOU KEEP SAYING IT IS THE PRESIDENTS JOB TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT IS CURRENTLY GOING ON. HE NEEDS TO MAN THE PHUCK UP AND ACCEPT THAT HIS ADMINISTRATION IS PHUCKING SHIT UP. YOU NEED TO MAN UP AS WELL AND ACCEPT THAT TRUMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE UNION.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
These Democratic idiots are really talking about suspending the gas tax for the rest of the year? What is that like 15 - 18 cents a gallon? Pretty sure that takes away highway funding. So, no funding for the highway departments means lost jobs. So barely lower gas prices ahead of midterms to look good to voters but lose jobs overall.

WINNING 🤪😂🤪😂😐

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
If by "cure" you mean I start ignoring facts and think that my feelings or beliefs are the only representation of reality, or thinking that my personal experiences must represent everyone else's, then I'll take my "sickness".
Your attempt at condescension has failed again.

So because you don't get what I said, you tell me what I meant then when I say no and correct you, you try to use phrases like red herring to make it seem like I am the one confused. You failed.
I got what you said just fine. When I countered it, you changed to a different path of discussion. The red herring.
You STILL haven't proved the economy was doing better under Trump than under Obama and (so far) under Biden. This will be the THIRD time I've asked.

"High" relative to WHAT? today’s level of 3.1% (gas price as a share of income) is very close to what it was from 1992 to 2003, and for most of the time since 2015, making today’s figure pretty much par for the course in recent history. It isn't high when you look at it historically. Maybe you mean high vs the price of water?

The cost to buy a home has actually dropped. The PRICES have gone up, but interest rate decreases have made it cheaper. For example, a 30-year $500K loan at 4.25% would be $2,460 a month. A 30-year $514K loan (increased 2.8% to match housing price increases) at 2/75% is only $2098 a month. $2,098 is less than $2,460.

High compared to what? It was higher in 2014, 2012, 2008. Has it gone UP? Yes. But so has income. If you think prices remain static as income increases, you have a LOT to learn about the economy.
The CPI shows that income is still outpacing inflation.

When did I say there weren't? But a supply chain issue is not an indicator of the economy. Do you think when an oil platform goes up in smoke, it means the economy is bad? Not how it works. Can it have an EFFECT? In the long term, MAYBE. But people turn to alternatives when supply is short on things. Only in the future will they be able to say if the current supply chain issues affected the economy.

How about when I give you a definition and tell you exactly how I am using it, you don't pick out a random word in the definition and tell me that is what it means. When I tell your slow brain exactly the way I mean it then that is the way you take it. Stop ignoring that just so you can argue literally over something you are making up.
You don't get to use a definition as you see fit. Don't you see that you don't get to pick and choose parts of it that work for you? You have to use the WHOLE definition.
Using "scapegoat": It is NOT simply one who gets blamed. That would be like calling an arsonist who is caught redhanded a "scapegoat". The COMPLETE definition tells us that the scapegoat is being wrongly or unfairly blamed for what happened.
The guy caught redhanded because the real arsonist handed off the lighter and ran away is the "scapegoat". This is basic stuff if English is your native tongue. I presume it is, but I may be wrong.

I know this will be hard for you to swallow as well. I DON'T GIVE A PHUCK HOW THE ECONOMY WAS UNDER TRUMP. HE ISN'T THE GOD DAMN PRESIDENT. YOU KEEP SAYING IT IS THE PRESIDENTS JOB TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT IS CURRENTLY GOING ON. HE NEEDS TO MAN THE PHUCK UP AND ACCEPT THAT HIS ADMINISTRATION IS PHUCKING SHIT UP. YOU NEED TO MAN UP AS WELL AND ACCEPT THAT TRUMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE UNION.
If you think the 4 years that Trump was POTUS has NOTHING to do with the state our country is currently in, then you must be delusional, extremely poorly educated, or just very low IQ. There are things Roosevelt did that affect us today. Hell, there are things CARTER did that still affect our country today.
I am interested in the list of things that Biden is "phucking up". I am also interested in your proof that the economy did better under Trump than under Obama or Biden. This is the 4th request. Odd that you type so much, yet simply won't provide those few proofs of what you say.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
If by "cure" you mean I start ignoring facts and think that my feelings or beliefs are the only representation of reality, or thinking that my personal experiences must represent everyone else's, then I'll take my "sickness".
Your attempt at condescension has failed again.

I got what you said just fine. When I countered it, you changed to a different path of discussion. The red herring.
You STILL haven't proved the economy was doing better under Trump than under Obama and )so far) under Biden. This will be the THIRD time I've asked.

"High" relative to WHAT? today’s level of 3.1% (gas price as a share of income) is very close to what it was from 1992 to 2003, and for most of the time since 2015, making today’s figure pretty much par for the course in recent history. It isn't high when you look at it historically. Maybe you mean high vs the price of water?
The cost to buy a home has actually dropped. The PRICES have gone up, but interest rate decreases have made it cheaper. For example, a 30-year $500K loan at 4.25% would be $2,460 a month. A 30-year $514K loan (increased 2.8% to match housing price increases) at 2/75% is only $2098 a month. $2,098 is less than $2,460.
High compared to what? It was higher in 2014, 2012, 2008. has it gone UP? Yes. But so has income. If you thing prices remain static as income increases, you have a LOT to learn about the economy.
The CPI shows that income is outpacing inflation.
When did I say there weren't? But a supply chain issue is not an indicator of the economy. Do you think when an oil platform goes up in smoke, it means the economy is bad? Not how it works. Can it have an EFFECT? In the long term, MAYBE. But people turn to alternatives when supply is short on things. Only in the future will they be able to say if the current supply chain issues affected the economy.

You don;t get to use a definition as you see fit. Don;t you see that you don;t get to pick and choose parts of it that work for you? You have to use the WHOLE definition. Using "scapegoat": It is NOT simply one who gets blamed. That would be like calling an arsonist who is caught redhanded a "scapegoat". The COMPLETE definition tells us that the scapegoat is being wrongly or unfairly blamed for what happened. The guy caught redhanded because the real arsonist handed off the lighter and ran away is the "scapegoat". This is basic stuff.

If you think the 4 years that Trump was POTUS has NOTHING to do with the state our country is currently in, then you must be delusional, extremely poorly educated, or just very low IQ. There are things Roosevelt did that affect us today. Hell, there are things CARTER did that still affect our country today.
I am interested in the list of things that Biden is "phucking up". I am also interested in your proof that the economy did better under Trump than under Obama or Biden. This is the 4th request. Odd that you type so much, yet simply won't provide those few proofs of what you say.
Who cares cares about Trump?!?!?!?!?! Does his diiick taste good?!?!?!?!?!

Why are you arguing???????????????

You are dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definition of scapegoat
(Entry 1 of 2)...

2a: one that bears the blame for others
b: one that is the object of irrational hostility

Biden is responsible NOW... Trump is blamed NOW
B also applies.

Look, here are just two definitions of several for the word SCAPEGOAT. Looks like I can in fact choose how I want to use the definition.
Just STFU moron.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Who cares cares about Trump?!?!?!?!?! Does his diiick taste good?!?!?!?!?!

Why are you arguing???????????????

You are dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definition of scapegoat
(Entry 1 of 2)...

2a: one that bears the blame for others
b: one that is the object of irrational hostility

Biden is responsible NOW... Trump is blamed NOW
B also applies.

Look, here are just two definitions of several for the word SCAPEGOAT. Looks like I can in fact choose how I want to use the definition.
Just STFU moron.
Struck a nerve, did I? You sure ARE defensive. Hope you don't have a stroke with such a high level of angst.

You forgot to address that you were wrong point by point on all your complaints.
You forgot to answer my 4th request for proof that Trump did it better than those before or after him.
You forgot that you don't really understand the economy, and incorrectly think your micro-level experiences show macro-level statistics.

If you choose to call people dumb, or stupid, or moron, or any other pejorative regarding their intelligence, it would behoove you to at least be able to argue on the same level.
What you are doing is equivalent to the turtle calling the raccoon "slow".

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 27, 2019
Highway depts are funded by the states as well you know. Hence the gas taxes you pay there. Trust me Wisconsin has some of the highest in the country around 45-50 cents a gallon not too mention an outdated BS minimum markup law on everything. It was overturned by a court but of course the GOP Supreme Court here put it back in place saying it's legal and companies have a right to make a profit no matter what and that guarantees that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Now that is a crock of you know what.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
Highway depts are funded by the states as well you know. Hence the gas taxes you pay there. Trust me Wisconsin has some of the highest in the country around 45-50 cents a gallon not too mention an outdated BS minimum markup law on everything. It was overturned by a court but of course the GOP Supreme Court here put it back in place saying it's legal and companies have a right to make a profit no matter what and that guarantees that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Now that is a crock of you know what.
What was there rationale on keeping minimum markup? That doesn’t sound like something that “guarantees profit”. It would keep corporations who nearly have a monopoly profitable, but shut down smaller companies who don’t have the same advantages as the big guys. I’m kind of talking out the side of my neck here, since I don’t know the actual details of the law, but setting prices isn’t the governments business. Seems like something Russia would do. Does anyone actually believe that the money we pay in gas tax goes towards the roads? Government contract fraud is the number 1 way to get government money into the hands of corrupt private citizens. 1 example out of thousands was Rick Perry’s buddy getting contracts to repair the electrical grid in Puerto Rico, even though he was in no way qualified to be given that contract. I just bid on a county contract here in Pima County Arizona and lost the bid to the brother-in-law of the water reclamation facility director. At least the guy who got the contract actually owned a company though, even though I am a little salty about how that went down, it probably isn’t technically illegal. A lot of our tax dollars, including road contacts, go down a black hole never to be seen again by companies who were created to siphon tax dollars. There should be a law that government contracts larger than a set dollar amount have to hire a company that’s been in business longer than 4 years.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Struck a nerve, did I? You sure ARE defensive. Hope you don't have a stroke with such a high level of angst.

You forgot to address that you were wrong point by point on all your complaints.
You forgot to answer my 4th request for proof that Trump did it better than those before or after him.
You forgot that you don't really understand the economy, and incorrectly think your micro-level experiences show macro-level statistics.

If you choose to call people dumb, or stupid, or moron, or any other pejorative regarding their intelligence, it would behoove you to at least be able to argue on the same level.
What you are doing is equivalent to the turtle calling the raccoon "slow".
How many times do you have to hear that nobody cares about how shit was under TRUMP??? You are a one trick pony!! If it were illegal for you to talk about Trump or blame Trump you would be sentenced to life.

What you have backwards Rob, is you think these are MY micro-level experiences as you put them, and that they are the minority. Wrong. These things ARE affecting the United States. Just because it may not be impacting YOU as an individual, in the same way, does not mean "Booming economy" "Winning" "Nothing to see here". You would be the minority in this case. If it is the case then good for you but that doesn't mean you can speak for the people it IS affecting and tell them they are stupid and all is well.

As for "forgetting" to... as you put it. I haven't forgotten a thing. You are wanting to go round and round arguing over irrelevant shit, past shit or people when we need to be focused on the idiots running things right now. Not blaming the past, not making excuses... moving forward. You can't move forward if you are stuck in the past.

Turtle huh? I will lend you a quote. "The race is not always to the swift"

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 27, 2019
I can't remember exactly what they said specifically but basically it causes the gas here to be marked up by at least 30 cents if not more. Gas Stations threw a massive fit over the law being overturned so they sued to get it reinstated saying they don't make money on gas just the inside part which we all know is major BS. But they won unfortunately. Every time someone tried to introduce legislature to remove the GOP goes ape shit crazy saying that isn't capitalism and all kinds of crap. It is one of the oldest minimum mark up laws in the nation going back to the '30s or '40s iirc. There is only something like 6-8 states with it and all have tried to get rid of it but nope.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
How many times do you have to hear that nobody cares about how shit was under TRUMP??? You are a one trick pony!! If it were illegal for you to talk about Trump or blame Trump you would be sentenced to life.

What you have backwards Rob, is you think these are MY micro-level experiences as you put them, and that they are the minority. Wrong. These things ARE affecting the United States. Just because it may not be impacting YOU as an individual, in the same way, does not mean "Booming economy" "Winning" "Nothing to see here". You would be the minority in this case. If it is the case then good for you but that doesn't mean you can speak for the people it IS affecting and tell them they are stupid and all is well.

As for "forgetting" to... as you put it. I haven't forgotten a thing. You are wanting to go round and round arguing over irrelevant shit, past shit or people when we need to be focused on the idiots running things right now. Not blaming the past, not making excuses... moving forward. You can't move forward if you are stuck in the past.

Turtle huh? I will lend you a quote. "The race is not always to the swift"
You think like a child, and you post proof of it over and over again.
You really have no understanding of the economy and how it works if you think your personal experiences are the “economy”, plain and simple.
You’re the schmuck who says no one should be jobless because you see a “help wanted” sign in a local business. The dim bulb who thin global warming is a lie because you woke up chilly one day.

That you think history has nothing to do with the present is only additional proof of your smallminded thinking.

Yes, I know you didn’t “forget” to prove your claims. I was being sardonic. The fact is that you simply CAN’T prove what you say.
You think the economy is “irrelevant shlt”. Helps prove my point, and probably explains why you think Biden sets gas prices and why your income can’t keep up with COL increases.
Maybe take some night courses in finance and money management, and a few cent swing in gas prices won’t put you in the poorhouse.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
You think like a child, and you post proof of it over and over again.
You really have no understanding of the economy and how it works if you think your personal experiences are the “economy”, plain and simple.
You’re the schmuck who says no one should be jobless because you see a “help wanted” sign in a local business. The dim bulb who thin global warming is a lie because you woke up chilly one day.

That you think history has nothing to do with the present is only additional proof of your smallminded thinking.

Yes, I know you didn’t “forget” to prove your claims. I was being sardonic. The fact is that you simply CAN’T prove what you say.
You think the economy is “irrelevant shlt”. Helps prove my point, and probably explains why you think Biden sets gas prices and why your income can’t keep up with COL increases.
Maybe take some night courses in finance and money management, and a few cent swing in gas prices won’t put you in the poorhouse.
Like I said... you are stuck in the past. Just because things are rising in price doesn't mean I have no money. The things you are trying to continue to argue over are irrelevant. You just want to argue and the only way to do that is over past shit. If any of those things you said about me were true then your argument might hold water but since you can't tell me what I think or speak for me in any way you will have to go on wishing they were true.

You do know that your "few cent swing" in gas prices is over $2 a gallon since the last President seeing how you want to live in the past.

Since you think you know better than everyone... tell us Rob... how does the economy work?

Reactions: metalheadjoe

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Like I said... you are stuck in the past. Just because things are rising in price doesn't mean I have no money. The things you are trying to continue to argue over are irrelevant. You just want to argue and the only way to do that is over past shit. If any of those things you said about me were true then your argument might hold water but since you can't tell me what I think or speak for me in any way you will have to go on wishing they were true.

You do know that your "few cent swing" in gas prices is over $2 a gallon since the last President seeing how you want to live in the past.

Since you think you know better than everyone... tell us Rob... how does the economy work?

Hmmm, NOW you want to talk Trump when you were screaming 30 seconds ago the past is irrelevant.
But OK, I’ll bite. Please give me a date during the Trump admin when gas averaged $1.42 a gallon (i.e. “over two dollars” less per your claim).

YOU are the one claiming you are behind the eight ball if you are worrying about the rising cost of goods. Anyone whose income outpaces the COL is not crying every minute about price increases and trying to use that complaint to claim the POTUS is doing a bad job.
Still waiting for your list of things this admin is “phucking up”. Still waiting for you to explain all of your errors about gas prices, housing prices, etc.

You want me to teach you how the US economy works in a post on a car audio forum? That you would even suggest it shows how little you actually know.
You do know what I mean by COL, yes?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Hmmm, NOW you want to talk Trump when you were screaming 30 seconds ago the past is irrelevant.
But OK, I’ll bite. Please give me a date during the Trump admin when gas averaged $1.42 a gallon (i.e. “over two dollars” less per your claim).

YOU are the one claiming you are behind the eight ball if you are worrying about the rising cost of goods. Anyone whose income outpaces the COL is not crying every minute about price increases and trying to use that complaint to claim the POTUS is doing a bad job.
Still waiting for your list of things this admin is “phucking up”. Still waiting for you to explain all of your errors about gas prices, housing prices, etc.

You want me to teach you how the US economy works in a post on a car audio forum? That you would even suggest it shows how little you actually know.
You do know what I mean by COL, yes?
So in the mind of Rob if someone talks about something it means they are worried? Really? I make plenty of money you libertard. That doesn't mean I want the cost of living to increase just because I have more money. What kind of shit are you smoking??? The whole point of making more money is so I can have more to do more with. I don't make more money so I can pay higher prices. Who the hell wants to break even??? We should work harder, make more money so that we can pay the same ratio for goods and services??? GTFO.

You are an idiot. I know this to be fact because I said the cost of gas... not the average. You can't even read what is right in front of you. The average is not the price everyone pays. Some places pay more than the average... some places pay less.... surely a person of your intellect knows this and knows that an average national gas price is not what people pay but a reference as to if the cost of fuel is rising or falling.

I didn't ask you to attempt to teach me anything. If I want to "learn" what you "know" I will do what you do... "Google It!!"

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
So in the mind of Rob if someone talks about something it means they are worried? Really? I make plenty of money you libertard. That doesn't mean I want the cost of living to increase just because I have more money. What kind of shit are you smoking??? The whole point of making more money is so I can have more to do more with. I don't make more money so I can pay higher prices. Who the hell wants to break even??? We should work harder, make more money so that we can pay the same ratio for goods and services??? GTFO.

You are an idiot. I know this to be fact because I said the cost of gas... not the average. You can't even read what is right in front of you. The average is not the price everyone pays. Some places pay more than the average... some places pay less.... surely a person of your intellect knows this and knows that an average national gas price is not what people pay but a reference as to if the cost of fuel is rising or falling.

I didn't ask you to attempt to teach me anything. If I want to "learn" what you "know" I will do what you do... "Google It!!"
If you’re complaining, then it bothers you.
Tell me: how do you think prices can remain static while income increases? Explain the economic principle where that works in a capitalist society.

Your paragraph on gas demonstrates your complete lack of understanding.The average is NOT “a reference as to if the cost of fuel is rising or falling”. How the fvck can you not know what “average prices” means, yet think you can argue about the economy? Jesus Christ, you are silly.

You said “tell us how the economy works”. Then you say you didn’t ask me to teach you anything. Lemme guess you are not part of the “us” in this forum?
Damn, you can’t even keep track of your OWN thoughts, much less something as complex as “average prices” (hint: it is absolutely possible for people to pay the average price and it happens quite a lot).

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.