Biden/Harris. Winners only.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Obama was in for how many terms? Biden was there with him. How many terms do Democrats need to "fix" what the guy before them did? Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Why does nobody want to admit that shit is in the crapper when them good old Democrats are in office? They are "always fixing shit" but never fix it. "Come on man".
The real question is: Why do the Democrats always have to fix what the previous administration screwed up? After tanking under Bush, the economy started and continued to recover the whole 8 years Obama was in office. Then it tanked again under Trump. The recovery started again when Biden took office.
The economy is perhaps the most important thing the administration has control over; it’s an undeniable FACT that the economy has better under Democrats since 1947.

Maybe get angry that the Republicans are screwing it up instead of getting angry that the Democrats have to fix it, and aren’t fixing it fast enough for your liking?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
The real question is: Why do the Democrats always have to fix what the previous administration screwed up? After tanking under Bush, the economy started and continued to recover the whole 8 years Obama was in office. Then it tanked again under Trump. The recovery started again when Biden took office.
The economy is perhaps the most important thing the administration has control over; it’s an undeniable FACT that the economy has better under Democrats since 1947.

Maybe get angry that the Republicans are screwing it up instead of getting angry that the Democrats have to fix it, and aren’t fixing it fast enough for your liking?
Perhaps you are confused as to what an "economy" is.

Do you think that because people are spending more money the economy is doing better?
OR
Do you think people are spending more money because prices are higher due to the inflation that is the highest it has been in 40 years?

I am not sure I follow your thinking but being forced to pay higher prices due to inflation doesn't mean better economy.

2001 was the last Republican President before your scape-goat Trump. So you are telling me Democrats have been fixing the economy since 2009? Or `93 if you go back to his Dad.

What do you call a good economy Rob?

Is it the higher gas prices?
Is it the higher cost of food?
Is it the product shortages?
Is it the supply chain issues?
Is it the higher cost of homes?
Is it the COVID?

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Perhaps you are confused as to what an "economy" is.

Do you think that because people are spending more money the economy is doing better?
OR
Do you think people are spending more money because prices are higher due to the inflation that is the highest it has been in 40 years?

I am not sure I follow your thinking but being forced to pay higher prices due to inflation doesn't mean better economy.

2001 was the last Republican President before your scape-goat Trump. So you are telling me Democrats have been fixing the economy since 2009? Or `93 if you go back to his Dad.

What do you call a good economy Rob?

Is it the higher gas prices?
Is it the higher cost of food?
Is it the product shortages?
Is it the supply chain issues?
Is it the higher cost of homes?
Is it the COVID?
When income increases at a larger rate than expenses, it’s part of a good economy. Net gain is improvement.
There are also numerous other factors, all of which are again being met.
COVID is not the economy, and this administration has done far more to deal with it than the previous one. I’m sure it’s “not enough improvement”, but once again: it should not HAVE to improve over how it was previously handled, which was very poorly.
The Cost of Living will always increase over time. It’s unavoidable. If the cost increase outpaces income, THAT is a problem.
“As a 2018 Pew Research Center report noted, “today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago.”
Of course, averages don’t apply to every single person, but they never did and it’s foolish to expect them to.

Trump is not a “scapegoat”. He was the POTUS, and with that role comes responsibility, accolades, and blame for whatever happened under his watch. It’s the job. Just like being a CEO in the private sector.
Here’s the data on the economy since 1947. It’s real info. Even if you ignore all the text and just compare growth, it’s always better under Democrats.
https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/democrats/2016/6/the-economy-under-democratic-vs-republican-presidents

It seems YOU may be confused as to what the economy is. It’s not high or low prices. It’s not a pandemic. It’s not how much YOU earn, or fail to earn.
“An economy is the large set of inter-related production, consumption, and exchange activities that aid in determining how scarce resources are allocated. The production, consumption, and distribution of goods and services are used to fulfill the needs of those living and operating within the economy, which is also referred to as an economic system.”
The factors that make up our economy are improving. It’s a fact.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
When income increases at a larger rate than expenses, it’s part of a good economy. Net gain is improvement.
There are also numerous other factors, all of which are again being met.
COVID is not the economy, and this administration has done far more to deal with it than the previous one. I’m sure it’s “not enough improvement”, but once again: it should not HAVE to improve over how it was previously handled, which was very poorly.
The Cost of Living will always increase over time. It’s unavoidable. If the cost increase outpaces income, THAT is a problem.
“As a 2018 Pew Research Center report noted, “today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago.”
Of course, averages don’t apply to every single person, but they never did and it’s foolish to expect them to.

Trump is not a “scapegoat”. He was the POTUS, and with that role comes responsibility, accolades, and blame for whatever happened under his watch. It’s the job. Just like being a CEO in the private sector.
Here’s the data on the economy since 1947. It’s real info. Even if you ignore all the text and just compare growth, it’s always better under Democrats.
https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/democrats/2016/6/the-economy-under-democratic-vs-republican-presidents

It seems YOU may be confused as to what the economy is. It’s not high or low prices. It’s not a pandemic. It’s not how much YOU earn, or fail to earn.
“An economy is the large set of inter-related production, consumption, and exchange activities that aid in determining how scarce resources are allocated. The production, consumption, and distribution of goods and services are used to fulfill the needs of those living and operating within the economy, which is also referred to as an economic system.”
The factors that make up our economy are improving. It’s a fact.
Seriously...? 😐

So you can quote the definition of Economy. I bet dollars to doughnuts you don't understand that definition. I say this based on your response. Which I read. From the rooter to the tooter. 😴

I didn't say COVID is the economy. I get tired of having to explain context, I really do. COVID impacts the economy. Let me guess, you don't know how it impacts the economy right? :rolleyes:

He is a scapegoat. As are Republicans. They are excuses for not succeeding. They are an excuse when Democrats get called out for their B.S. :unsure:

I am not confused in the least. I am out there everyday. I see the store shelves, I see the customers, I talk to people. Just because some news source tells you all is well doesn't mean it is. Just because your Democratic leaders tell you it is better than before, doesn't mean it is. If it is so much better than before, why do we keep hearing how the past administration destroyed everything and they have to keep fixing stuff?? Somebody is full of shit and some of you love the taste for whatever reason. :poop:

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Seriously...? 😐

So you can quote the definition of Economy. I bet dollars to doughnuts you don't understand that definition. I say this based on your response. Which I read. From the rooter to the tooter. 😴

I didn't say COVID is the economy. I get tired of having to explain context, I really do. COVID impacts the economy. Let me guess, you don't know how it impacts the economy right? :rolleyes:

He is a scapegoat. As are Republicans. They are excuses for not succeeding. They are an excuse when Democrats get called out for their B.S. :unsure:

I am not confused in the least. I am out there everyday. I see the store shelves, I see the customers, I talk to people. Just because some news source tells you all is well doesn't mean it is. Just because your Democratic leaders tell you it is better than before, doesn't mean it is. If it is so much better than before, why do we keep hearing how the past administration destroyed everything and they have to keep fixing stuff?? Somebody is full of shit and some of you love the taste for whatever reason. :poop:
You clearly indicate you don’t understand the economy in your post, yet ask if *I* know what the economy is. Your example are not the economy, period.

Maybe you don’t understand what a scapegoat is, and that is why you use it incorrectly or in place of another word? The POTUS is the CEO of our country. The man in charge. The person responsible. Is he the great puppet master who controls everything? No. Neither is the CEO of a large firm. But neither of them are “scapegoats” by any stretch of the imagination, unless they are placed in power for that purpose.
Are you saying Trump was voted in because it was known things would go in the shltter and they needed someone to blame after the fact?
THAT would be him being a “scapegoat”.

Yes. You buy gas. You see store shelves. You talk to some locals.
I got almost a foot of snow at my house last night. That must mean you had to shovel this morning, right?
No? How come? Doesn’t my experience represent what EVERYONE experiences?
I guess not. Neither does yours. Stretch your wings a little and think on a bigger scale than the 10 mile radius you seem to exist in. Just because the economic data regarding the average citizen doesn’t match YOUR reality, doesn’t mean the averages are wrong.

BTW-The Joint Economic Committee isn’t a “news source”. It’s a Congressional Committee that’s been around since 1946. More info if you prefer knowing over not knowing: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congressional_Joint_Economic_Committee
And if you think the economic figures I share are just “made up by Democrats”, why are they not refuted by the Republicans? How do they manage to make it into history books and archives without being questioned?

Last edited:

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
You clearly indicate you don’t understand the economy in your post, yet ask if *I* know what the economy is. Your example are not the economy, period.

Maybe you don’t understand what a scapegoat is, and that is why you use it incorrectly or in place of another word? The POTUS is the CEO of our country. The man in charge. The person responsible. Is he the great puppet master who controls everything? No. Neither is the CEO of a large firm. But neither of them are “scapegoats” by any stretch of the imagination, unless they are placed in power for that purpose.
Are you saying Trump was voted in because it was known things would go in the shltter and they needed someone to blame after the fact?
THAT would be him being a “scapegoat”.

Yes. You buy gas. You see store shelves. You talk to some locals.
I got almost a foot of snow at my house last night. That must mean you had to shovel this morning, right?
No? How come? Doesn’t my experience represent what EVERYONE experiences?
I guess not. Neither does yours. Stretch your wings a little and think on a bigger scale than the 10 mile radius you seem to exist in. Just because the economic data regarding the average citizen doesn’t match YOUR reality, doesn’t mean the averages are wrong.

BTW-The Joint Economic Committee isn’t a “news source”. It’s a Congressional Committee that’s been around since 1946. More info if you prefer knowing over not knowing: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congressional_Joint_Economic_Committee
And if you think the economic figures I share are just “made up by Democrats”, why are they not refuted by the Republicans? How do they manage to make it into history books and archives without being questioned?
Struck a nerve huh? You sure are defensive. Was it because I had to explain the context of something I said to you again?

I speak to people in KY, NC, GA, FL, OH. 10mi radius, I think not.

Quick question... Are you banging the president or any of his administration? Are you related to them? I am curious why you work yourself up so much, to near stroke levels, just to argue.

Here you go numbnuts. Scapegoat:

noun
noun: scapegoat; plural noun: scapegoats
  1. 1.
    a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.
You know... how you blame the previous blah blah blah. Oh that's right, I used it exactly the way it is supposed to be used. Tell me again how you know more than the scholars who write these definitions.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Struck a nerve huh? You sure are defensive. Was it because I had to explain the context of something I said to you again?

I speak to people in KY, NC, GA, FL, OH. 10mi radius, I think not.

Quick question... Are you banging the president or any of his administration? Are you related to them? I am curious why you work yourself up so much, to near stroke levels, just to argue.

Here you go numbnuts. Scapegoat:

noun
noun: scapegoat; plural noun: scapegoats
  1. 1.
    a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.
You know... how you blame the previous blah blah blah. Oh that's right, I used it exactly the way it is supposed to be used. Tell me again how you know more than the scholars who write these definitions.
You aren’t even using the word “context” correctly, and you don’t understand the concept of a scapegoat, despite quoting the definition.
It makes it difficult to discuss with you when youkeep falling back on terms and phrases you don’t understand.

You try to elevate yourself by claiming I am worked up to “near stroke levels” when there is no evidence of such. I present factual information, you get all freaked out by it and can only respond by namecalling, attempting to insult me, posting outright lies, and making baseless claims.
Seems YOU are the one headed for an aneurysm.
Show us how much you “have it together”: Argue with facts and proof and evidence. Be objective, not subjective, knock it off with the playground antics.
It’s a challenge and a request. Can you do it?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
You aren’t even using the word “context” correctly, and you don’t know understand the concept of a scapegoat.
It makes it difficult to discuss with you when youkeep falling back on terms and phrases you don’t understand.

You try to elevate yourself by claiming I am worked up to “near stroke levels” when there is no evidence of such. I present factual information, you get all freaked out by it and can only respond by namecalling, attempting to insult me, posting outright lies, and making baseless claims.
Seems YOU are the one headed for an aneurysm.
Show us how much you “have it together”: Argue with facts and proof and evidence. Be objective, not subjective, knock it off with the playground antics.
It’s a challenge and a request. Can you do it?
I gave you the definition. You aren't telling me I am am wrong. You are saying the dictionary definition is wrong. I further told you that I am using it according to the definition. You say I am wrong.

Context, definition.... why do you ignore it??? You got some ego there don't you.

Listen kid. You blame Trump for the economy, right? I'll answer. Yes, you did. However, you also said the economy is doing well, right? I'll answer. Yes, you did. So if you blame Trump for the economy and the economy is doing well then not only are you not all there mentally but you don't use the word blame correctly. What you wanted to say was "Praise" you praise Trump for the economy. Get the words right before you argue.

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
I gave you the definition. You aren't telling me I am am wrong. You are saying the dictionary definition is wrong. I further told you that I am using it according to the definition. You say I am wrong.

Context, definition.... why do you ignore it??? You got some ego there don't you.

Listen kid. You blame Trump for the economy, right? I'll answer. Yes, you did. However, you also said the economy is doing well, right? I'll answer. Yes, you did. So if you blame Trump for the economy and the economy is doing well then not only are you not all there mentally but you don't use the word blame correctly. What you wanted to say was "Praise" you praise Trump for the economy. Get the words right before you argue.
You use the word "context" to describe what you are trying to say with your posts, or what you are thinking. That isn't what "context" means. As defined: "context - the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed". What you are thinking in your head when you type a post or what you are actually trying to say is not the "context" when talking about the economy, or the pandemic, or anything else that affects the country as a whole.
Sorry kid, you're simply using the word incorrectly.

You insist on using the word "scapegoat" to describe Trump, even after posting the definition. Trump was not elected in order to take the blame when things went wrong. He is not a "scapegoat" for being blamed; it comes with the job. A job he willingly pursued, and got.
If things were going south and then he got promoted from a lesser position simply so that he could be blamed, THEN he would be a "scapegoat". If you READ the definition you posted, it includes an important line: "especially for reasons of expediency". Expediency is "the quality of being convenient and practical despite possibly being improper or immoral". A leader being blamed and taking the blame when things go wrong is not improper or immoral; it is part of the role of being a leader. A good leader takes the blame and passes the credit. Nothing new about that.
Someone calling me "kid" really should be able to understand all that, and be able to use the word properly.

If you think the economy was doing better when Trump left office than when he entered it, I would like you to support that claim with some proofs. If you think the economy fared better under him than under the administration before him, I would like you to support that claim with some proofs.
No personal anecdotes about how you paid less for gas or saw some full shelves at the local minimart. I'd like stats that are used as actual measures of the economy, that together paint the full picture.

Give it a shot?

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
I read it twice and can't figure out your motive for posting it here.
Just a news article you found interesting?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
You use the word "context" to describe what you are trying to say with your posts, or what you are thinking. That isn't what "context" means. As defined: "context - the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed". What you are thinking in your head when you type a post or what you are actually trying to say is not the "context" when talking about the economy, or the pandemic, or anything else that affects the country as a whole.
Sorry kid, you're simply using the word incorrectly.

You insist on using the word "scapegoat" to describe Trump, even after posting the definition. Trump was not elected in order to take the blame when things went wrong. He is not a "scapegoat" for being blamed; it comes with the job. A job he willingly pursued, and got.
If things were going south and then he got promoted from a lesser position simply so that he could be blamed, THEN he would be a "scapegoat". If you READ the definition you posted, it includes an important line: "especially for reasons of expediency". Expediency is "the quality of being convenient and practical despite possibly being improper or immoral". A leader being blamed and taking the blame when things go wrong is not improper or immoral; it is part of the role of being a leader. A good leader takes the blame and passes the credit. Nothing new about that.
Someone calling me "kid" really should be able to understand all that, and be able to use the word properly.

If you think the economy was doing better when Trump left office than when he entered it, I would like you to support that claim with some proofs. If you think the economy fared better under him than under the administration before him, I would like you to support that claim with some proofs.
No personal anecdotes about how you paid less for gas or saw some full shelves at the local minimart. I'd like stats that are used as actual measures of the economy, that together paint the full picture.

Give it a shot?
Not even close... not even a good try.

The context I spoke of was the state of the economy and the fact that COVID impacts the economy. In this case, negatively. I know, it's hard for you.

I never said Trump was elected to be a scapegoat... that is a tangent you went off on. I said pretty clearly for people who pay attention that Democrats are using Trump as a scapegoat as an excuse to do their jobs in the shitty ways they are doing them.

Example: Inflation is up - Democrats response; It's because of the previous administration and we are trying to fix it. Trump,Trump, Trump... You know, placing BLAME on him.

How do you interpret definitions different from everyone else?

How do you completely ignore everything in a post except those good old trigger words you focus on???

Damn kid... damn.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Not even close... not even a good try.

The context I spoke of was the state of the economy and the fact that COVID impacts the economy. In this case, negatively. I know, it's hard for you.
No one has ever said that COVID didn't impact the economy negatively. YOU said that the economy is not improving since Biden took office, and pointed to several datasets that are not the "economy" as your way to prove your claim. Try to stick to the argument instead of tossing red herrings, even though it's hard for you.

I never said Trump was elected to be a scapegoat... that is a tangent you went off on. I said pretty clearly for people who pay attention that Democrats are using Trump as a scapegoat as an excuse to do their jobs in the shitty ways they are doing them.
You said Trump IS a scapegoat. In order to be a scapegoat, he would have to be put in place to take the fall. He was ELECTED. To be a scapegoat, his election would have to be for the purpose of blaming him for what has happened. When you are already in the leadership role, being blamed for a failure that occurs under your watch is not "being a scapegoat".
This is REALLY basic stuff that you should understand if you want to be condescending when you argue about it.

Example: Inflation is up - Democrats response; It's because of the previous administration and we are trying to fix it. Trump,Trump, Trump... You know, placing BLAME on him.
Interesting, because it is actually the Republicans trying to place the blame on Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/politics/inflation-gop-fact-check/index.html

How do you interpret definitions different from everyone else?
I don't interpret them, I read the entire thing and consider that each word has meaning, not just the ones that support my argument. Am I incorrect about the "expedient" line? That line completes the definition and gives the full meaning of the word. Do you think it's wrong or unfair for a leader to take the blame for what happens under their watch?

How do you completely ignore everything in a post except those good old trigger words you focus on???
Many times, I have addressed your posts point by point, then you go off on a tangent and argue soemthing entirely different, while completely ignoring what I have said.
Are you going to provide your proofs that the economy did better under Trump than under Obama and (so far) under Biden? If you want to make the claim, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to back it up with proof.
Give it a shot.

Damn kid... damn.[/QUOTE]

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.